5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BedRug Impact Liner - Not Impressed

rrbhokies

Reaction score
Not impressed with the fit of the BedRug Impact Liner for my Ram 1500 6'4" bed. One side fit nearly perfect, but the other side seemed to be out of shape. It didn't conform to the wheel well very good, and it was uneven under the bedrail, almost an inch short in several spots. Also, when installing the Impact Liner you have fold it back on the sides to add the mounting tape. Well, that created creases in the floor of the impact liner that have yet to come out after a week. I'm concerned they will be there forever. Worst of all is the impact liner on the tailgate. I followed all the instructions and the installation video, and while I have a nice tight seam at the top of the tailgate, notice how in the picture below, the mat itself bubbles up. That's because there is only tape at the bottom and top of the mat. But even so, it's like the mat is deformed. It was flat when I laid it out on the floor in the house when I unpacked it. It seems like it deformed after it was installed, like the heat did something to it. I don't even know if I can return it at this point, but for the money I spent, I'm not at all pleased. Has anyone had issues like this with their bedrugs? Should I be contacting the seller to return it for either a replacement or a refund?

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
Mine's a bad fit as well. The guy I went to had a good reputation and I wonder how. My tailgate is so ****ty that the adhesive came off so now the bedrug is folded into the tailgate until I get some good velcro and do the job myself. Mine got wavey like yours before it started to detach, so I'm going to add more velcro to the ribs of the tailgate. You can see those small patches (white), I'm going to go the long way on the ribs. I'll go grab a couple photos real quick ....

Attachments

• bedrug tailgate 1.jpg
    bedrug tailgate 1.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 65
  • bedrug tailgate 2.jpg
    bedrug tailgate 2.jpg
    288.9 KB · Views: 65
R

Rob5589

When I installed BR in my Jeep it needed several extra attachment points to keep it smooth. They fit well but they need more velcro to keep them flat, IMO.

rrbhokies

Reaction score
Mine's a bad fit as well. The guy I went to had a good reputation and I wonder how. My tailgate is so ****ty that the adhesive came off so now the bedrug is folded into the tailgate until I get some good velcro and do the job myself. Mine got wavey like yours before it started to detach, so I'm going to add more velcro to the ribs of the tailgate. You can see those small patches (white), I'm going to go the long way on the ribs. I'll go grab a couple photos real quick ....
That's exactly how mine looks! I was going to try velcro along the ribbed areas too. Basically velcro the s**t out of it and hope for the best. But still not impressed with the overall fit an finish and for nearly $500 I think I'll contact Gatorcovers.com and see if they'll take it back as defective. I really don't want another one. I would just prefer my money back and move on to try something different.

Gsmith223

Reaction score
They are junk. I dont even know why people use them. Mine had thin spots all over it and was not cut square. If I put dropped anything heavy it would cut right through it. Might be good to take you girlfriend on a picnic though. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/