5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BedRug Classic with Hardtop

MileHi Guy

Reaction score
Does anyone have a BedRug Classic with a Hardtop / Topper? I have a Leer 100XR cap on order and am thinking about getting a BedRug. I have the Bed Protection group (so the spray-in Mopar liner) but am thinking about maybe adding the BedRug for additional cushioning in the bed. Thoughts / experiences?

Thanks,

MileHi Guy

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No direct experience but everything I've read said the bedrug is a great addition

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
A good friend of mine has a '19 Raptor with a spray-in liner, and went with a 'painted-to-match' SnugTop & Bed Rug (complete kit). It's pretty sweet, I must say. I don't think you'll be disappointed in the least.

MileHi Guy

Reaction score
A good friend of mine has a '19 Raptor with a spray-in liner, and went with a 'painted-to-match' SnugTop & Bed Rug (complete kit). It's pretty sweet, I must say. I don't think you'll be disappointed in the least.
Exactly what I was thinking of doing. The SnugTop has a topper just like the Leer I ordered. I won't go into the reasons why I went with the Leer right now. But I hunt with a couple dogs in the Winter and wanted the topper for a way to transport them without having them in the cab of the truck, maybe throw a couple dog beds in the back along with some kennels. I also wanted some bed coverage for luggage and other things at times. I have a multifunction tailgate so I didn't want to go with the full BedRug option. If anybody has experience with a full BedRug and cap, I'm all ears.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't had this exact combo but have been close - on my 2014 Ram I had a full bedrug with an ARE x-series topper and it was an awesome combo that worked well for hauling mulch, dirt, gear and for general camping use (sleeping in back is better as the bedrug keeps down condensation and is softer. I did not have a spray liner in that truck but the bedrug is compatible with a spray-in liner with a slightly modified install. I have the bedrug mat with tailgate piece on my 2021 with spray-in liner under another ARE topper and it is also great. This last time I skipped the full liner for the mat as I didn't think I needed to protect the bed sides with a spray-in already there but wanted the cushion and anti-slip on bed floor. If you decide to go with a full rug and topper I highly recommend ordering your topper with a full headliner so to cut down on condensation if you plan to camp and also to improve the look as the headliner will match the bedrug. I couldn't find a pic from my old truck but here is the topper and mat. bedmat.jpg

MileHi Guy

Reaction score
I haven't had this exact combo but have been close - on my 2014 Ram I had a full bedrug with an ARE x-series topper and it was an awesome combo that worked well for hauling mulch, dirt, gear and for general camping use (sleeping in back is better as the bedrug keeps down condensation and is softer. I did not have a spray liner in that truck but the bedrug is compatible with a spray-in liner with a slightly modified install. I have the bedrug mat with tailgate piece on my 2021 with spray-in liner under another ARE topper and it is also great. This last time I skipped the full liner for the mat as I didn't think I needed to protect the bed sides with a spray-in already there but wanted the cushion and anti-slip on bed floor. If you decide to go with a full rug and topper I highly recommend ordering your topper with a full headliner so to cut down on condensation if you plan to camp and also to improve the look as the headliner will match the bedrug. I couldn't find a pic from my old truck but here is the topper and mat. View attachment 101210
Good info. I do definitely plan to camp in it as well and the top I ordered has a liner in it. It kinda confirms my thoughts. Thanks.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I put a LEER 122 topper on my 2021 Laramie then installed a full Bed Rug
into the 6'-4" bed. Don't have a picture of the inside yet.

Malodave

2021RAMLaramie-LEER-122_1.jpg

2021RAMLaramie-LEER-122_2.jpg

2021RAMLaramie-LEER-122_3.jpg

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don't have a topper but have a full bedrug (on top of spray in liner) and love it. 2nd bedrug on 2nd truck, no regrets. Very cushioned

20201004_181613-jpg.80727

20201004_181604-jpg.80728

MileHi Guy

Reaction score
Any thoughts on the bedrug classic vs a full bedrug. I’ve got a leer topper on order and think the classic wil be fine. Just curious based on other experiences

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Only the bottom is heavily padded, the sides aren't padded as much but the full looks better IMO

ChuckYourself

Reaction score
I have the Leer 100QX with the bed rug in my 21 Laramie Crew Cab. 0D635CC6-B8B1-4F27-B561-D027708221DB.jpeg

Attachments

• 834194FF-6874-49AC-AB27-4F55E43D3A2C.jpeg
    834194FF-6874-49AC-AB27-4F55E43D3A2C.jpeg
    208 KB · Views: 32

ChuckYourself

Reaction score
BTW…this is the second bedrug I’ve had on a truck and love them. Skip right past the spray in.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They are a great addition to any truck…especially for older guys like me as the padding makes it easier on the knees when crawling around in the back of the truck. It also helps when the dogs are back there as it give them more traction.

MileHi Guy

Reaction score
I put in the Bedrug classic - mat only in the Bed of my Ram. Here is a pic and a pic of the Leer top on my truck as well. I think it will work well for my needs.

Attachments

• IMG_2690.jpg
    IMG_2690.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2691.jpg
    IMG_2691.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2692.jpg
    IMG_2692.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 33

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors