5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BedRug: Classic vs. new body style

husbus

Reaction score
Got a good deal on a BedRug on Amazon, but they sent the wrong model (for Classic body). I can return but won't get the same price again. Anybody happen know how different the new body style BedRug is and whether it's worth trying to install anyway? The bed looks very similar, but there are some differences in the cab wall indentation patterns, new indentations in the wheel wells, and a new curved shape in the tailgate corners.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I purchased my BedRug for $401 shipped. It has been too cold here in NH
to fully install it. I actually bought a bottle of the 3M Adhesive Promoter
for the install too. The only thing I don't like about it is the Tailgate to Bed
Span of the BedRug. It bulges up too much. I also have some Tailgate seals
to water and bug proof the bed with the LEER 122 Cap on it.

Malodave

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got a good deal on a BedRug on Amazon, but they sent the wrong model (for Classic body). I can return but won't get the same price again. Anybody happen know how different the new body style BedRug is and whether it's worth trying to install anyway? The bed looks very similar, but there are some differences in the cab wall indentation patterns, new indentations in the wheel wells, and a new curved shape in the tailgate corners.

If their error, they should do an even swap.
If its a third party merchant and they won't help, escalating to Amazon customer service is helpful.

sandman98

Reaction score
i would unbox it and try a dry fit to see how well it fits. i moved my 4th gen (2016) full bed rug to my 5th gen (2021) and it fits just fine. had to do some minor modifications but it fits great:
1. cut slits for tie down hooks
2. cutout for two factory bed lights
3. cut slits (3 or 4 on each side) to work around the bed tie-down rails

try a dry fit. you can always rebox it if you need to.

Users who are viewing this thread