5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bedrail rivnuts

Supercraig1

Reaction score
Anyone know where to source the rivnuts/nutzerts/rivet nuts for the bed utility rail mounts? I’ve been to 5 hardware stores and they look at me like I’m crazy. I’ve found m6 rivnuts on Amazon (ugh) but I’m not positive they are correct. I’ve also seen rivnuts for the Mopar side step listed online but I’m also. It sure if they are the correct size.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know where to source the rivnuts/nutzerts/rivet nuts for the bed utility rail mounts? I’ve been to 5 hardware stores and they look at me like I’m crazy. I’ve found m6 rivnuts on Amazon (ugh) but I’m not positive they are correct. I’ve also seen rivnuts for the Mopar side step listed online but I’m also. It sure if they are the correct size.

Thanks

McMaster-Carr. https://www.mcmaster.com/rivnuts/
I would also invest in the wrench driven installation tool, 30 bucks well spent.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
See post 17 for part number, give Rustin5 a like if it is the correct part number, picture shows another application. Price is ouch! Those are hex metric riv nuts. I think I came close to finding an alternative once.

Best of luck

Perhaps someone who has not installed the bed rail yet can help out with the dimension of the hex riv nuts.

Supercraig1

Reaction score
I ended up going with some hex ones I found online. Fingers crossed they are the correct size....

Supercraig1

Reaction score
They worked. Although I tried my damnedest to get this done without buying the tool. I was able to use the bolt/extra nut technique on the first 5 of them before I spun one out. So I ordered the tool and made quick work of the last 11.

Jako

Reaction score
They worked. Although I tried my damnedest to get this done without buying the tool. I was able to use the bolt/extra nut technique on the first 5 of them before I spun one out. So I ordered the tool and made quick work of the last 11.

Glad to hear you got it done. Which ones did you use? Do you have a link and a price? The Mopar ones are costly.

Jako

Reaction score
I used these ones.... I'm not crazy to order from Amazon but sometimes I cave to ease: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015A3H97S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Very similar sentiments for Amazon. My local small businesses serve me well.
I grew up with 5 local hard ware stores and 3 lumber yards. Now I have 2 local hardware stores and 0 lumber yards, of course there is HD and Lowes. I was 3rd generation with the lumber yard and opened up my first "account" via my last name. I could load up my truck on my own and go in and tell them what I had.
They were good days with good knowledgeable people.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very similar sentiments for Amazon. My local small businesses serve me well.
I grew up with 5 local hard ware stores and 3 lumber yards. Now I have 2 local hardware stores and 0 lumber yards, of course there is HD and Lowes. I was 3rd generation with the lumber yard and opened up my first "account" via my last name. I could load up my truck on my own and go in and tell them what I had.
They were good days with good knowledgeable people.
Man, you can say that again. I seriously miss that kind of local ownership. We have one here about 3 miles away but they don't have a lot of things there, no lumber, closed at noon on Saturday and are in the opposite direction of Lowe's and HD.

Jacobmac

Reaction score
Any updates on this? I found some rails for 25$ but no bolts or rivnut.

Kenny4

Reaction score
Also looking for the proper fit for these. Refuse to pay $10.50 a piece at Mopar. You can get like 50 of them online if you can find the right size.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought some last year from Amazon and borrowed the tool to install them. They work just fine. I got the hexagon shaped one to fit perfectly in the holes already in the bed. I have no memory of the ones I bought, but I found the right size/part listed on these forums. I think they are the M6 hex rivnut listed above

Users who are viewing this thread