5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bedliner coating on rockers

t0ng5

Reaction score
Took my 23 rebel to the off-road park this last weekend and got some scratches on the passenger side rocker panel. I could do touch up paint and make it look nice, but I was thinking about doing truck bed liner paint on the rockers. Figured it would probably protect it better for next time. Just curious if anyone has done this or has any major pros and cons.

Thanks

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sweet, that's a bit higher than I planned on doing it. What product did you use? Any issues with it so far?
linex and no and i did it way high because well of roading you will. for sure hit the height im at

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
while you're at it do yourself a favor and add some frame mounted rock sliders
1711528575619.png

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
do they fit eco diesels ? it says on site it dont fit
give them a call. they are a family business and the owners are really easy to talk to.
talking to them reminds me of talking to my uncle and auntie lol

t0ng5

Reaction score
linex and no and i did it way high because well of roading you will. for sure hit the height im at
Did you scuff the paint or anything beforehand, or did you just go directly on top of the clear coat?

t0ng5

Reaction score
while you're at it do yourself a favor and add some frame mounted rock sliders
View attachment 179894
I'm definitely considering it, I really love the Mopar power boards, but considering I ripped one off while out that weekend 🙃, I definitely think some actual sliders will probably do me some good. Thinking about just switching them out when I go out occasionally.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm definitely considering it, I really love the Mopar power boards, but considering I ripped one off while out that weekend 🙃, I definitely think some actual sliders will probably do me some good. Thinking about just switching them out when I go out occasionally.
to me running boards are for short people and offer no protection. sliders are better as they CAN be used as a step for short people, while protect your truck!

t0ng5

Reaction score
to me running boards are for short people and offer no protection. sliders are better as they CAN be used as a step for short people, while protect your truck!
I agree, my mama is short and the gf is short lol. Something I'm considering for the future.

t0ng5

Reaction score
Looks nice! Did you roll it on yourself or have a place spray it on?
I used Herculiner and did it myself. Didn't use the roller tho, with as much curves and nooks and crannies, I ended up just using the brush the whole time

Attachments

• 20240329_185317.jpg
    20240329_185317.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 20240329_203753.jpg
    20240329_203753.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 13

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used Herculiner and did it myself. Didn't use the roller tho, with as much curves and nooks and crannies, I ended up just using the brush the whole time
looks good i did mines alittle higher right above the ram logo 😂 but your still looks good

Users who are viewing this thread