5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed utility group

big Ron

Reaction score
does the bed utility group come with 3 add ons on the laramie vs the 4 add ons on the big horn model here are the options on the big horn but no truck bed cargo divider on laramie.??? does anyone have a laramie with all 4 options

4 Adjustable Cargo Tie-Down Hooks
LED Bed Lighting
Spray-In Bedliner
Truck Bed Cargo Divider

LossPrev

Reaction score
My Laramie has the bed package but does not have a divider. I was under the impression you had to get the ram box to get the divider but am not sure on that

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Laramie has the bed package but does not have a divider. I was under the impression you had to get the ram box to get the divider but am not sure on that

Yes, bed divider only comes in BUG when ordered with RamBox.

Jpell651

Reaction score
Yes, bed divider only comes in BUG when ordered with RamBox.
I ordered the BUG with my Ram Box, then ordered the pivot bolts to turn the bed divider into a bed extender. Very easy install, and it works great. I panicked and ordered two sets from different web sites and now have an extra. Shocked it didn’t just come with them, but it REALLY makes the BUG valuable.

Hahny

Reaction score
I ordered the BUG with my Ram Box, then ordered the pivot bolts to turn the bed divider into a bed extender. Very easy install, and it works great. I panicked and ordered two sets from different web sites and now have an extra. Shocked it didn’t just come with them, but it REALLY makes the BUG valuable.

Do you have a part number?

DavidNJ

Reaction score
Old thread...but I saw the problem today.

The parts run $85:

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I had missed the original thread myself since I just joined a couple months ago .. I was working with my local dealer to get the parts since they, too, thought it would come with them.

Did you also order the new black plastic vertical pieces or just opt to leave the ones in place? The new molded pieces are like $55 each side.

Last edited:

DavidNJ

Reaction score
Yeah I had missed the original thread myself since I just joined a couple months ago .. I was working with my local dealer to get the parts since they, too, thought it would come with them.

Did you also order the new black plastic vertical pieces or just opt to leave the ones in place? The new molded pieces are like $55 each side.

Ok...I'm confused. Do you mean the panel with the plugs? Do you have the part number? How do they come off, screw, clip, etc.?

Thanks,

David

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
68054997AB 2 ea @ $ 16.38 ea GROMMET. PIVOT JOINT. D Pillar, Handle D Pillar.
68054996AA 2 ea @ $ 24.95 ea HANDLE. Swivel Release. D Pillar.
68044935AC 1 ea @ $ 58.69 COVER. Box Side End Rail, Left, Left Rear.
68044934AC 1 ea @ $ 58.73 COVER. Box Side End Rail, Right, Right Rear.

Parts 11 and 12:

DavidNJ

Reaction score
68054997AB 2 ea @ $ 16.38 ea GROMMET. PIVOT JOINT. D Pillar, Handle D Pillar.
68054996AA 2 ea @ $ 24.95 ea HANDLE. Swivel Release. D Pillar.
68044935AC 1 ea @ $ 58.69 COVER. Box Side End Rail, Left, Left Rear.
68044934AC 1 ea @ $ 58.73 COVER. Box Side End Rail, Right, Right Rear.

Parts 11 and 12:

Looking at the pictures, it would seem they need to be replaced. Is that correct?

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's what I was wondering if anyone else did .. they LOOK pretty, but are they needed?
No one at my dealership knows, so I'll be the guinea pig

DavidNJ

Reaction score
They have the extra embossed surface...but is it necessary.

Please either take lots of pictures or better a video and pictures.

Thanks,

David

DavidNJ

Reaction score
Seeing some more pictures...I don't think the extra piece is necessary as long as the installed piece still has the holes with plugs.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
He is as lost as my dealer was .. we all thought the parts were in the bag since we had to install it .. they are going to order mine for me .. as some one else stated, there may not be nut plates / backing plates installed .. so we would not be able to screw in the 4 adapter pieces // I turned my information over to the Service Manager today and he is making contact with FCA for me to see where the legal document went to state the extender was no longer offered (the main reason I ordered it). .. well, ok, the 2nd reason. :)

Users who are viewing this thread