5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Utility Group

ballgame168

Reaction score
Ordering a Limited with RamBoxes. Reading some conflicting info about the BUG and whether it is necessary. Does everything but the step come with the selection of RamBoxes? If so, seems like a waste. Thx.

superbird77

Reaction score
I have the BUG but no Ram boxes FYI. Mine only came with the rails and LED lighting. Seems you gotta buy the divider and step. Had I known I would of opted for no BUG.

anthtony

Reaction score
I have the BUG but no Ram boxes FYI. Mine only came with the rails and LED lighting. Seems you gotta buy the divider and step. Had I known I would of opted for no BUG.
Same here - no Rambox but purchased the BUG. What's worse is, the Limited already comes with LED bed lighting. So you pay $450 for the two Utility Rails.

superbird77

Reaction score
Same here - no Rambox but purchased the BUG. What's worse is, the Limited already comes with LED bed lighting. So you pay $450 for the two Utility Rails.

Right?! I would of totally passed on it based on cost versus what you actually get. And I got the Limited, lol. I really wanted that divider and step!!

ballgame168

Reaction score
So I was told by the dealer that the BUG included the divider, lighting and tie downs which aligns with the website. Looking at Mopar.com it looks like the aftermarket price is $300 for the divider, $160 for the lighting and $250 for the tie downs for a total of $710 but for the Limited (which I am planning to get) the cost for the package is only $445 (perhaps because lighting is included as well as spray in bed liner?). On the Laramie, the package is $845 but includes the bedliner. Given that the aftermarket cost for the divider and tie downs on the Limited would be $550, it seems like the BUG is worth it, even with the lighting included in the Limited. Thoughts?

superbird77

Reaction score
So I was told by the dealer that the BUG included the divider, lighting and tie downs which aligns with the website. Looking at Mopar.com it looks like the aftermarket price is $300 for the divider, $160 for the lighting and $250 for the tie downs for a total of $710 but for the Limited (which I am planning to get) the cost for the package is only $445 (perhaps because lighting is included as well as spray in bed liner?). On the Laramie, the package is $845 but includes the bedliner. Given that the aftermarket cost for the divider and tie downs on the Limited would be $550, it seems like the BUG is worth it, even with the lighting included in the Limited. Thoughts?

I'd like to know for sure if its supposed to include the divider, I don't recall anyone getting the divider that ordered the BUG. If that's the case I'm gonna talk to the dealer and have them provide one. Can anyone confirm the divider should of been included?

Ickabod

Reaction score
My BUG option on my laramie was $795. This included spray-in bed liner, tie-down hooks and bed lighting. Mine did not come with the divider or bed step. Not sure it was worth it.

ballgame168

Reaction score
From dealer "The Bed Utility Group is up to you. That package only consists of the Cargo Divider, Tie-Downs and the Lighting. Compared to the RamBox only comes with the Rambox and nothing else." Have never seen anything about the bed step.

Also, attached two screenshots (Laramie and Limited) from current build tool online. Both says its included.

Attachments

• Laramie.JPG
    Laramie.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Limited.JPG
    Limited.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 69

ponypride

Reaction score
I was wondering what owners are doing to organize items in their bed. I have the spray in liner and my bins in the bed shift around. I am curious about organization systems others may be using.

BiLlYDeE

Reaction score
I'd like to know for sure if its supposed to include the divider, I don't recall anyone getting the divider that ordered the BUG. If that's the case I'm gonna talk to the dealer and have them provide one. Can anyone confirm the divider should of been included?[/QUOTE

I picked my Limited up today and the BUG included the divider. There were missing extendor parts that I luckily caught and the dealership is ordering them at their expense.

19RebelZ

Reaction score
Man I’ve contacted FCA about this . Basically what they said was the website “may or may not” be reflecting correct info. According to my build sheet it does state the bed step but no divider. But I have neither, and am currently out of town but once I get back I’m gonna be WTF!!! Where’s my bed step??? I can’t seem to find a copy of my build sheet to post at the moment but it’s there. 26DDC566-F905-4532-A33E-90B125EA4086.png CD016F6A-F166-4DC6-9F73-14F3E20D6EA6.png

surfingcrna

Reaction score
Not sure how they can not stand by what their website shows, unless there's a disclaimer saying the website might be wrong. Not surprised tho

MrHankbot

I AM A ROBOT
Reaction score
Why does there seem to be so much trouble with this?

Rails come with all BUG orders, bedliner and lights only included if not already on your truck due to trim level. No one gets the bed step yet as part of the package.

BUG Divider breakdown

W/Ramboxes - The divider/extender is included, but won't show up with the pegs to make it an extender, pester your dealer and you'll be able to get them to order and install pegs for free.

W/O Ramboxes - No divider will be included of any sort. Divider must be purchased through Mopar and is a completely different divider and does not function as a bed extender.

As far as I'm aware, the BUG is always cheaper than buying the component parts (they change price based on parts included in your particular BUG option) and especially so when labor is considered.

Hopefully that helps clarify things for anyone still unclear.

Zinger

Reaction score
Why does there seem to be so much trouble with this?

Rails come with all BUG orders, bedliner and lights only included if not already on your truck due to trim level. No one gets the bed step yet as part of the package.

BUG Divider breakdown

W/Ramboxes - The divider/extender is included, but won't show up with the pegs to make it an extender, pester your dealer and you'll be able to get them to order and install pegs for free.

W/O Ramboxes - No divider will be included of any sort. Divider must be purchased through Mopar and is a completely different divider and does not function as a bed extender.

As far as I'm aware, the BUG is always cheaper than buying the component parts (they change price based on parts included in your particular BUG option) and especially so when labor is considered.

Hopefully that helps clarify things for anyone still unclear.

Ram Rebel here. No bedliner on that package by default. BUG does not include it, it's a separate line item.

MrHankbot

I AM A ROBOT
Reaction score
Ram Rebel here. No bedliner on that package by default. BUG does not include it, it's a separate line item.

I just checked the brochure and you are correct! The Rebels don't have it as part of a package, just an option. Good catch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online