5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed utility group

brewdad

Reaction score
The bed utility group includes a deployable bed step, but states the bed step is not available with multi-functional tailgate; has anyone heard when the bed step will be available with multi-functional tailgate? This is not the same bed step that was a stand-alone option for the 2019 Ram's and was located at far left of the rear bumper; the new bed step is located just left of the trailer tow receiver.

Cravenfan

Reaction score
I remember something about that the step to the left of the hitch for the multi-function tailgate either had been involved in a lawsuit, or had a part failure. When I mentioned it to my salesperson this past week, they were not even aware one existed.

brewdad

Reaction score
Thanks for the info @Cravenfan---so you have a 2020 Limited with the standard tailgate and bed utility group & there was no deployable bed step included? The Ram build site states not available with multi-functional tailgate, but looks like no available with standard tailgate either.

Cravenfan

Reaction score
Thanks for the info @Cravenfan---so you have a 2020 Limited with the standard tailgate and bed utility group & there was no deployable bed step included? The Ram build site states not available with multi-functional tailgate, but looks like no available with standard tailgate either.

Mine has one.

Users who are viewing this thread