5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed utility group with standard bed.

Hutch70

Reaction score
My Ram came with the bed utility group minus the bed divider. I can only see that the divider only comes with the ram box. Am I missing something? I got my truck three days ago, should I go back to the dealership and ask about that bed divider?

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
I didn't see that in the brochure but it doesn't hurt to flag that with RamCares. They try to right any wrongs within reason, in my experience.

If you feel like your dealership thrives on customer service ask them to work it on there end too

I'd ask both IMO. You know how the saying goes, closed mouths don't get fed.

banditsc

Reaction score
This is what RamCares told me for my Bighorn.

The Bed Utility Group includes:

4 Adjustable Cargo Tie-Down Hooks
Spray in Bedliner
Pick-Up Box Lighting
Truck Bed Cargo Divider

MrHankbot

I AM A ROBOT
Reaction score
Ram did a bad job explaining the bed utility group, except in the functional packages section of the RAM brochure. The cargo divider/bed extender only comes with it if you have the Ramboxes. Without the ramboxes flat sides with slots the bed divider doesn't have anywhere to lock into anyway.

banditsc

Reaction score
Ram did a bad job explaining the bed utility group, except in the functional packages section of the RAM brochure. The cargo divider/bed extender only comes with it if you have the Ramboxes. Without the ramboxes flat sides with slots the bed divider doesn't have anywhere to lock into anyway.

It uses the bed rails on the non Rambox models.

Cargo Bed Divider
Your cargo, your way. Designed for trucks equipped with pickup box utility rails (sold separately), this adjustable divider is made of strong aluminum tubing and enables you to secure cargo of various sizes. Not compatible with the RamBox® Cargo Management System.

Part #82215481
Cargo-Bed-Divider.jpg.image.1440.jpg

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
This is all I seen...is the extender and the divider one in the same? I crtl-f for divider and it's only mentioned once in the brochure in reference to cargo management opt

Screenshot_20180731-072903.png

MrHankbot

I AM A ROBOT
Reaction score
It uses the bed rails on the non Rambox models.

Cargo Bed Divider
Your cargo, your way. Designed for trucks equipped with pickup box utility rails (sold separately), this adjustable divider is made of strong aluminum tubing and enables you to secure cargo of various sizes. Not compatible with the RamBox® Cargo Management System.

Part #82215481
Cargo-Bed-Divider.jpg.image.1440.jpg

I'm pretty sure the divider in your picture is different than the bed extender. The bed extender does double duty as a divider for Rambox equipped trucks, but is a 3 panel folding wedge style. The divider in your picture is just an aluminum tube welded panel, and does not act as a bed extender.

Like I said, they did a really bad job of explaining. You have to see your picture next to a bed extender in Rambox picture to notice they're not the same.

Ickabod

Reaction score
This is the only thing that my window sticker says for Bed Utility Group. There is no bed divider, or a deployable bed step.
Bed Utility Group $795
4 Adjustable Cargo Tie–Down Hooks
LED Bed Lighting
Spray–In Bedliner

MrHankbot

I AM A ROBOT
Reaction score
I just checked with my salesman, the BUG as ordered by me yesterday with a Rambox equipped truck will include the bed extender, but not the step.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here's shot of the RamBox divider/extender from the Houston Auto Show in Jan. This is what comes with the BUG on a RamBox truck. I still think they had it installed upside down...

y4mcENz_88UE7vqPXSBlsxEiKZ7sui57pSC5GXJuw42rV1CCTc8Rvu8Y9ZIt3TaDYc4KxcxHnL-1S5zV14KhoE8ywy3TwHwp30GZwOJVuKrfweBcj0u2NJwAto3-7p2ncd3fI7188jdJTlTUAH5Op3cwQsqt7hiRGPQml_D81ExJ3Hlgtv8bzcOHa2_EXglNB8JFyUJb6XadZMkq8bgbVNwpA

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It is upside down:LOL:. My 2014 has the tabs on the bottom and fits it the slots of bed so it doesn't move. The rubber stays in place with the spray in liner. Same thing when you put it on tailgate those rubber stoppers keep it off the tailgate.

ericd

Reaction score
It is upside down:LOL:. My 2014 has the tabs on the bottom and fits it the slots of bed so it doesn't move. The rubber stays in place with the spray in liner. Same thing when you put it on tailgate those rubber stoppers keep it off the tailgate.

That's weird. I have a 2014 as well and it doesn't have those tabs on either side

Boatjockey

Reaction score
Here's shot of the RamBox divider/extender from the Houston Auto Show in Jan. This is what comes with the BUG on a RamBox truck. I still think they had it installed upside down...

y4mcENz_88UE7vqPXSBlsxEiKZ7sui57pSC5GXJuw42rV1CCTc8Rvu8Y9ZIt3TaDYc4KxcxHnL-1S5zV14KhoE8ywy3TwHwp30GZwOJVuKrfweBcj0u2NJwAto3-7p2ncd3fI7188jdJTlTUAH5Op3cwQsqt7hiRGPQml_D81ExJ3Hlgtv8bzcOHa2_EXglNB8JFyUJb6XadZMkq8bgbVNwpA
That is one good looking setup.

Dan krasinski

Reaction score
I just got my 1500 limited with the BUG. It is also missing the bed divider. Ram cares says it is only available with ram box, but as stated above MOPAR sells the non ram box divider for 300. It also sells the adjustable rails for 250. Since the Limited already has LED lighting and bed liner, if they don’t supply the divider owners are paying 450 for a 250 part. I really think they have made a mistake. Dealer wants to walk away from issue (says it is Rams issue) and Ram cares has a canned response( won’t comment on cost saying it’s a dealer issue even though they price it). All of this even though their build website says the divider is included. I just don’t understand. I don’t want to let this go.

Dan krasinski

Reaction score
I just got my 1500 limited with the BUG. It is also missing the bed divider. Ram cares says it is only available with ram box, but as stated above MOPAR sells the non ram box divider for 300. It also sells the adjustable rails for 250. Since the Limited already has LED lighting and bed liner, if they don’t supply the divider owners are paying 450 for a 250 part. I really think they have made a mistake. Dealer wants to walk away from issue (says it is Rams issue) and Ram cares has a canned response( won’t comment on cost saying it’s a dealer issue even though they price it). All of this even though their build website says the divider is included. I just don’t understand. I don’t want to let this go.

I must clarify that it was not Ramcares, it was Mopar and they offered to sell me the divider in their written response and then immediately closed the case.

Dan krasinski

Reaction score
I am still fighting this issue with Ram Cares and Ram. Here is why:

The Ram cargo management system come with LED lights, the rails, bed divider/extender, and the ram box. See the link from Ram's website.

So why would you need the Bed utility group, since it is already included in the Ram Cargo Management system which is how you get the Ram Box.

The bed utility group should have the rails, divider, lighting, spray liner (Lighting and liner if not already included in another package). It would be for only non RamBox vehicles.

They should make this right for anyone who ordered it.

Users who are viewing this thread