5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Utility Group vs. Line-X aftermarket

UDCentaur

Reaction score
What's your thoughts on the extra items in the Bed Utility Group? Are you using them? I had a 2006 Tacoma and used the tie down hooks several times.

Just wondering if it's worth adding that $845 option vs. getting the $500 Line-X spray in bedliner and wait 2-3 hours one day after truck arrives. Did some research and saw mixed reviews on tailgate warning lights.

Thoughts?

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can get a spray in liner without the BUG. I just got the bedliner without the group because it was about the same price as Line-X (here), and I can always add the rails later. I did not want the step, lights, or cargo divider. I've already wired in different lights for less than $25, I can buy the rails separately later for about $200, and I'll buy a bed extender (not divider) later for about $200.

I don't know if the BUG includes sprayed in liner or not.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You can get a spray in liner without the BUG. I just got the bedliner without the group because it was about the same price as Line-X (here), and I can always add the rails later. I did not want the step, lights, or cargo divider. I've already wired in different lights for less than $25, I can buy the rails separately later for about $200, and I'll buy a bed extender (not divider) later for about $200.

I don't know if the BUG includes sprayed in liner or not.
The BUG is priced pretty good. I did not order it in mine and thought I could do better on my own but I was wrong. The sprayed in liner, rails and lights are priced well.
The one thing I didn't like was Line X warranties their liner so you can go to them if you have an issue. I do not know how that would work with the OEM sprayed liner. I think I paid 250 for my rails and bed lighting can be done cheap. Line X in NJ was $600+. If I did Line x, rails and cheap bed lights it would total at least $900.
I think Line X has it's value in protecting the bed but it still has limits on dings. I've worked with a high quality (USA made back in the day) bed mat for close to 20 years and I have no complaints. Like many things it depends on your needs. I'm sure there are plenty on the forum that have gotten their money's worth out of Line X.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah if the Utility Group includes the spray in liner it's a great deal. If it does not, then you can do it all yourself for about 2/3 the cost.

Ride2little

Reaction score
I love the convienience and sanitary fit,switches, etc of the factory set-up. I had all that then got a LineX spray in. Im going to use it all. Couldnt be more happy.

Users who are viewing this thread