5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bed utility group users

Username1

Reaction score
Hello Im curious if the bed utility group could be added after purchase of the truck. im aware its not on any site for purchase but could you buy all the replacement parts from ram and somehow snap them in or is it an entirely different box than the standard?

The website isn't very clear the bed and divider in the picture for the BUG is for the Rambox option with 5'7" bed and does show the different bed style.
You need Ramboxes to get the divider, and I think you need to add the BUG as well (not positive about that though - I added both).

Amazing, I nip on the Ram website to double check this and I see they have just added a note that the divider is only available with certain configurations - this wasn't there before!

I've seen pictures of a divider for the non Rambox bed, it has cut outs to go over the wheel wells, not sure if this is an aftermarket part or Mopar one.
Hopefully someone else will be along to confirm.

I did the rails and the divider and will do spray Bedliner in spring then do the lights. I bought everything from Mopar site.

What size T slot nuts work best for this rail? Anyone know?

Hello Im curious if the bed utility group could be added after purchase of the truck. im aware its not on any site for purchase but could you buy all the replacement parts from ram and somehow snap them in or is it an entirely different box than the standard?

I was talking with the service manager at my dealership when I purchased my truck and he said they could easily add the rail with hooks since my truck did not come with . The rail was about $250 (had some in stock) and the install was about $80. I bet these prices are similar to all dealerships but can't confirm that part.

I was talking with the service manager at my dealership when I purchased my truck and he said they could easily add the rail with hooks since my truck did not come with . The rail was about $250 (had some in stock) and the install was about $80. I bet these prices are similar to all dealerships but can't confirm that part.
The part will be the same price but the labor might be different dealership to dealership. I ordered mine and installed them myself. Very easy if you’re good with a wrench took me 10 mins to install so if you want to save $80 do it yourself.

The part will be the same price but the labor might be different dealership to dealership. I ordered mine and installed them myself. Very easy if you’re good with a wrench took me 10 mins to install so if you want to save $80 do it yourself.

can you show us a picture when you get a chance?

can you show us a picture when you get a chance?
I’ll get some pics for ya tomorrow. I also have the ram divider and it has rails that go on the rails so your hooks now have limited range now. But the rail itself is easy there is 4 existing holes if I remember correctly on the side of the bed. You put the metal grommets in those holes and grab the rail line it up screw in bolts to grommets by hand tighten rest of way with a I believe 10mm socket with extension while tightening make sure grommet didn’t pull out it will mushroom to hold in place when tightening. Pretty simple though.

My Dealer matched a online mopar price
220 with tax
Less than a 1/2 hr start to finish
Which includes finding the right socket
There are some online with shipping around what I paid

Users who are viewing this thread

Back