5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BED UTILITY GROUP / RAMBOX

BjColeJoy

Reaction score
I just found out that my dealer employee did not order the bed utility group option on my 2019 Ram 1500 Limited so I do not have the sliding cargo management system at top of bed or the front storeable plastic bed divider/extender. I'm not happy as one can imagine. He thought that by ordering the ram box option these items were included. Apparently they were on 2018 trucks but in 2019 Ram requires the "Bed Utility Group" option. I don't know what to do at this moment. Any suggestions from you guys? I spoke with dealer rep and he says that the plastic bed divider/extender is not available at this time from Mopar Parts and is only available with the bed utility group option. My truck has been on order since 5/15/2018 and is scheduled to be delivered in approximately 2 weeks or less. Also, does anyone know if there is a separate key that fits the locking mechanism on the plastic bed divider/extender or is the key that fits in the key fob for the truck. I'm just trying to figure out what to do. Thanks for any advice you can give.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just found out that my dealer employee did not order the bed utility group option on my 2019 Ram 1500 Limited so I do not have the sliding cargo management system at top of bed or the front storeable plastic bed divider/extender. I'm not happy as one can imagine. He thought that by ordering the ram box option these items were included. Apparently they were on 2018 trucks but in 2019 Ram requires the "Bed Utility Group" option. I don't know what to do at this moment. Any suggestions from you guys? I spoke with dealer rep and he says that the plastic bed divider/extender is not available at this time from Mopar Parts and is only available with the bed utility group option. My truck has been on order since 5/15/2018 and is scheduled to be delivered in approximately 2 weeks or less. Also, does anyone know if there is a separate key that fits the locking mechanism on the plastic bed divider/extender or is the key that fits in the key fob for the truck. I'm just trying to figure out what to do. Thanks for any advice you can give.
My truck got delivered without the divider. My dealer ordered it and it should be here in 7-10 days. I believe it needs to be matched to your VIN number so your key will work with it. I was given no indication the divider wasn't available yesterday. Seemed like no big deal to my dealer.

BjColeJoy

Reaction score
My truck got delivered without the divider. My dealer ordered it and it should be here in 7-10 days. I believe it needs to be matched to your VIN number so your key will work with it. I was given no indication the divider wasn't available yesterday. Seemed like no big deal to my dealer.
That sounds good. Who is your dealer? I want to contact them. My dealer is in Arkansas and didn't seem to know much of anything. Thanks!

1Raider

Reaction score

Yea the bed divider was included on the truck I ordered with the Rambox option that was just delivered today although without the bed extender and step.

BriManley

Reaction score
So I have a question about BUG after the truck order. I ordered my Limited w/RamBox back in early January. There was a lot of confusing information about what was included in the RamBox package at that point. In the literature, RamBox management included 4 tiedowns on rails, bed lighting, and bed divider/extender. The BUG was spray in liner, bed lighting, 4 tiedowns on rails. Since we couldn't get a clear answer then and things looked very redundant, I did not put BUG on the order and the dealer agreed.
Now things seem clearer and you only get the bed divider with the RamBox and BUG. I still want the divider. Went to the dealer today and the parts department said it is sales code CTX and they could order a divider for $1100. The BUG option is like $545 and I think includes the deployable bed step now.

Do you think the dealer should be able to add the CTX code before delivery and give me the parts? Should be delivered by next weekend. I will not pay $1100 for the single item when the group is half that.

brewdad

Reaction score
Once a vehicle has been scheduled for production no changes can be made to original order.

BriManley

Reaction score
Once a vehicle has been scheduled for production no changes can be made to original order.

Sure, I get that. My truck is built and being delivered. Question is more around, can the dealer sell me the BUG now since it is just parts? Anyone done this as a package since the divider alone is marked up too much. I know they can add the trailer brake and enter sales codes in Uconnect to make operational.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online