5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Utility Group (BUG)?

Fishwiz

Reaction score
There is a difference between the cargo management and bed utility group, but what options are in each for 2020?

I was under the impression that bed liner was in BUG, But my 2020 (rambox) BUG, didn't have the bed liner.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Are you sure your truck included the BUG? For 2020 at least, the spray in bed liner is part of the BUG package. My Laramie has the rambox but didn’t have the BUG, and it didn’t have the bed liner. My wife’s Limited does have the BUG, and came with the factory bed liner.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bedliner is separate on some trims and standard on the higher level trims like Limited and Longhorn. Rambox will give you the cargo rails but not the divider. They mount over the utility rails. bed utility group should come with the divider and utility rails.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Tradesman , Bighorn and Laramie include the spray in liner with the BUG . Longhorn and Limited get a standard spray in liner .

Fishwiz

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification. This whole topic is/was confusing.

I believe the bed extender used to come with the "rambox cargo management system", but in 2020 that changed. I think that change/confusion has carried over into the items included in BUG (for me at least.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification. This whole topic is/was confusing.

I believe the bed extender used to come with the "rambox cargo management system", but in 2020 that changed. I think that change/confusion has carried over into the items included in BUG (for me at least.

Yes, it can be confusing. Just to clarify what you said, the bed divider used to automatically come with the rambox on 4th gens. And still does on the newer "classic" 1500's with the rambox option. That changed with the 5th gens, so the change happened on 2019 new Ram 1500 models. You didn't get the divider if you didn't also get the BUG. In addition, there was a bug in the configurator earlier on, so if you selected the BUG before selecting the rambox option you might not have gotten a divider.

Users who are viewing this thread