5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Tent With Bakflip MX4

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The question could probably apply to any folding hard bed cover, but I'm looking at bed tents that are compatible with my folding Bakflip MX4 bed cover. I don't want the folded cover inside the tent, of course. Does anyone have a tent with their folding cover? I know I could remove the cover but I'd rather just leave it folded against the back of the truck when using the tent if possible.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Haven't used one for the Ram, but others I've used in the past need to sit over the edges of the bed for water runoff. If you leave the cover on the truck folded up it's not going to cover that edge of the bed and water can run right down under the tent.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Haven't used one for the Ram, but others I've used in the past need to sit over the edges of the bed for water runoff. If you leave the cover on the truck folded up it's not going to cover that edge of the bed and water can run right down under the tent.
Yeah that makes sense. Thanks. Though, maybe I could just fold it a couple times instead of all the way to the back window. Create a "shelf" in the tent?

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I replaced my tri-fold bed cover with a roll-up version for this very reason. I got tired of taking off the trifold each time I wanted to use the whole bed. Now I can just roll it out of the way, carry whatever or set up the tent, and roll it back out when I'm done. :)

Users who are viewing this thread