5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed storage options

RedRaider91

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So I’m debating bed storage options for my truck, and don’t want a tool box and tonneau covers are too dang expensive for my liking. So I’m leaving specifically towards an over the wheel well style storage box. Problem is I’m only finding one version which only covers one side of the wheel well. It’s made by Undercover and it’s the swing out style. But I’ve seen some made for Chevy and GMC that I really like and I’ve included a picture. Does anyone make this style for our rams? Or something similar? I’m also open to other styles so let me know what you have!
Thanks guys

Attachments

• 5776F7E5-69A8-4003-863C-2B9F1C25A5EC.png
    5776F7E5-69A8-4003-863C-2B9F1C25A5EC.png
    380.7 KB · Views: 106

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Why didn't you buy a truck with the rambox option? It sounds like that would have been a perfect solution for you. I'll never buy a Ram without them as long as they are offered.

RedRaider91

Reaction score
Why didn't you buy a truck with the rambox option? It sounds like that would have been a perfect solution for you. I'll never buy a Ram without them as long as they are offered.
I considered it, I just didn’t like the appearance. Just a me thing I guess.

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That actually pretty neat, but like the swingcases, it'll block the bed lighting.

*after looking at it some more, it might be just far enough away to allow some of the light to get by.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
My issue with the GMC and Chevy solution is that you either need to get into the bed or, if you're tall enough, reach over the side of the bed in order to access what's inside. Could be a little challenging especially if the truck is lifted.

Curlymurt

Reaction score
I've looked at deezee and lund. Deezee has poly or metal options and lund is metal... But both are "universal fit".

I'm guessing because ram does have rambox, aftermarket producers haven't tried to recreate it. I'd like the option of an aftermarlet though

RedRaider91

Reaction score
I’ll have to look at Lund and DeeZee. Neither of those popped up very much when searching. I do like the better built one but that’s a little pricey. I love the idea and practically of the RamBoxes, just could never get over the sight of them. Something I’d probably learn to live with and learn to love but it’s too late now haha. Thanks guys for the options. I’ll look more into all that’s been suggested

Users who are viewing this thread