5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Step Install?

deanfx

Reaction score
I got mine from moparamerica. Couple days shipping. I had a dealer install it. I was afraid it would slap me in the face if it opened up lol. And it was at least 110 degrees with 90% humidity.

db682

Reaction score
I have a fully loaded Limited with the protection group and purchased the Mopar step from MoparAmerica. The install was a ***** for me since I did it in my driveway and it started raining and I refused to stop. I learned the bed drains precisely over where you have to lay your head under the truck to see the 3 bolts for the install. I got extremely frustrated and was trying to rush it and the brackets kept getting tangled in the wiring harnesses and hitting steel members. After about 30 mins and a good breather I was able to line it up and get it installed. It easily clears the exhaust and works great. And yes the first couple times you close it you'll be shocked by the noise it makes slamming closed. I'm to the point I just push it closed with my hand now.

CoachLarry

Reaction score
Anyone been able to purchase one of these online? Dealer says there are none in my area (Boston) and availability dates are not listed
My dealer in Maryland just told me they are back ordered until 19 August. Not sure if that is true or not.

CoachLarry

Reaction score
I got mine from moparamerica. Couple days shipping. I had a dealer install it. I was afraid it would slap me in the face if it opened up lol. And it was at least 110 degrees with 90% humidity.

As of this morning they are also saying backordered.
"THIS PART IS ON A SMALL BACK ORDER WILL TAKE 3 WEEKS BEFORE THIS SHIPS ALL ORDERS WILL BE CANCELED UNLESS YOU CONTACT US FIRST TO PRE ORDER."

rrbhokies

Reaction score

CoachLarry

Reaction score
Ordered mine last week and arrived in a few days. I'll be installing it this weekend, weather permitting. Didn't know about the 5% discount though. I hate leaving money on the table!:(
Ordered mine last week and arrived in a few days. I'll be installing it this weekend, weather permitting. Didn't know about the 5% discount though. I hate leaving money on the table!:(
I guess I'll give them a call before I order, because their website says a 3 week back order. Good luck with the install.

Raminit

Reaction score
Just placed the order and they canceled itAnd sent me this email within 30 seconds

Thank you for your order. Unfortunately, we are currently sold out on this part number and it is also on an extended back order from Mopar. Due to the extended back order and lack of ETA we are going to refund your order immediately. If you have any questions feel free to contact us.

Thanks again!

MoparAmerica Sales Team

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just placed the order and they canceled itAnd sent me this email within 30 seconds

Thank you for your order. Unfortunately, we are currently sold out on this part number and it is also on an extended back order from Mopar. Due to the extended back order and lack of ETA we are going to refund your order immediately. If you have any questions feel free to contact us.

Thanks again!

MoparAmerica Sales Team
I received an email like this a day or two after ordering mine (many months ago). A couple of days after that, the step arrived! Might be worth a phone call to confirm.

Raminit

Reaction score
I received an email like this a day or two after ordering mine (many months ago). A couple of days after that, the step arrived! Might be worth a phone call to confirm.

Oh man that would suck if I got the first step. I ordered the new part # 10 minutes later. :(

Users who are viewing this thread