5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bed size from 4th gen to 5th gen for tonneau covers

CusackT

Reaction score
so has anyone attempted to use a 4th gen bed cover on a 6'4 bed on a 6'4 5th gen?

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did a quick search on the Truxedo site, since that’s what I have. Appears the Sentry CT is the same model number for the 2018 as for as the all new 2019. So the inner dimensions appear to be the same. May be different for a cap or fiberglass cover that sits over the bed rails.

RAM#2

Reaction score
I put my Gator Evo hard tonneau from my 2013 onto my 2019 w/ a 5'7" bed without any problems.

Oliver392

Reaction score
I hope that this is true with other tonneau brands. I have a BakFlip Revolver X2 on my '16 and I am looking at getting a '20. I would really like to be able to just swap it over. Checking on the BakFlip site, they list '19-up with a different part #.

badassbaldie

Reaction score
Installed my Paragon cover on my 2019 Rebel... it was on my 2015 Sport before that and on my 2012 Express before that. Yes, installed on 3 trucks, 8 years of use and still works perfectly. All 5'7" beds (obviously).

I'd be pretty confident the 5th gen long beds share the same dimensions as the 4th gens as well. I DID measure the bed on my Rebel before I bought it to make sure the Paragon cover fit.

yrock777

Reaction score
I hope that this is true with other tonneau brands. I have a BakFlip Revolver X2 on my '16 and I am looking at getting a '20. I would really like to be able to just swap it over. Checking on the BakFlip site, they list '19-up with a different part #.

Curious if you ever put the x2 on the new body?

traymo

Reaction score
For my short bed, I installed a 4th Gen Mopar tri-fold onto my 5th Gen and it fit perfectly.
You don't happen to have any pictures of your Gen 4 Mopar cover on your Gen 5 Ram, do you? I have a new 2020 Rebel, and I don't like the new soft tri-folds. I loved the Mopar tri-fold on my Gen 4. It had the better canvas material, and the front frame was curved to match the bed. How far back does the rear seal reach on the tailgate?
Thanks,
Tom

SS2112

Reaction score
You don't happen to have any pictures of your Gen 4 Mopar cover on your Gen 5 Ram, do you? I have a new 2020 Rebel, and I don't like the new soft tri-folds. I loved the Mopar tri-fold on my Gen 4. It had the better canvas material, and the front frame was curved to match the bed. How far back does the rear seal reach on the tailgate?
Thanks,
Tom
Here you go! IMG_4752.JPG IMG_4753.JPG IMG_4754.JPG IMG_4755.JPG IMG_4756.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread