5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Rug Options

GP-TEK

Reaction score
Found a website called Bedrugs. Products look fine. Would like to consider other options and most importantly, hear from the experts. 5.7 bed 2021 RAM Limited.

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have the full BedRug...I LOVE it. I've had all sorts of things in the bed.., dirt, gravel, leaves, ...all sprays or vacuums out quite easily. Super easy on the knees, and also keeps stuff from sliding around. Provides a fair amount of cushion too if you drop something. Unless you're hauling gravel daily I'd highly recommend it.

search this forum...there are lots of others that agree with me. There are lots that will say a spray-in liner does the job, and they do, but I really don't see them as comparable. If the BedRug idea suits you then you'll love it.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
02e881f67a6044fe53aeb932705097f0.jpg

I don’t haul a lot of nasty stuff, so I have a rubber bed mat, and then I had this carpeted mat custom made out of floor mat material that I put over the rubber …. I had the same setup in my 2012

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing compares to the Bedrug. Looks awesome, and fills in the ribs in bed floor so if you climb in your bed a lot, it's cushioned and easier on the knees. I have one in my Dakota and love it

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Found a website called Bedrugs. Products look fine. Would like to consider other options and most importantly, hear from the experts. 5.7 bed 2021 RAM Limited.
I would say the product depends on your needs, aesthetics and what you want to spend.
Spray in liners were having some supply chain issues, not sure if resolved.

SEE Post #2

Happy hunting, best wishes.

Also take into consideration what you want to do with your tailgate, I believe that is covered some where in one of those threads.

Maxx102

Reaction score
I have had drop in liners, a spray-in liner, and bed rugs so I am familiar with most of them. Here is my opinion.

Drop in liners are absolute garbage. Yeah, they are form fitted but they still wiggle a little and vibrate. That will eventually wear the paint down and then you have rust problems.

Line-x Spray in liners are great. My current truck has a Line-x. Normally I don't do this, but the dealer had it sprayed on before I even bought the truck so it came with it. Avoid the Rhino linings spray in liner. We have one of our trucks for work that had that done and it stinks and it's not that great compared to the Line-x in my opinion.

Bedrug - I have a Bedrug...technically I have two liners in my truck the aforementioned Line-x and the Bedrug.....This is my 3rd Bed rug, I installed one in my two previous trucks (a Tundra and F-150) and never had any issues with them at all. You can climb in and not worry about hurting you knees. Very comfy to lay on and was so comfortable, I took a nap by the lake the last time I was at the cabin. They are tough, but not indestructible so unless you are hauling rocks or bricks....well worth it. I will say I did take mine out for a couple of weeks while hauling brush and leaves away and just relied on my Line-x. Not because the Rug couldn't take it.....it was just easier to sweep the leaves, pine needles, and other yard debris out with a broom on the spray in.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck came with the bedliner from the factory. Great stuff (Line-X is probably better ;) ), but it suits me fine.

I put a Bedrug in, too. It is fantastic. It comes right out, just held in with 2 2-foot velcro strips, if I want to carry nasty stuff. It is easy on my knees, it keeps any water that gets past my Retrax cover from getting anything wet (the bedrug is about 1" thick and doesn't wick water up), and it keeps any cargo from sliding around.

Bedrug is one of the best, and least expensive, add ons I've done. (I just did the flat piece on the bed, not the full wrap.)

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You might check out Amazon versus Bedrug for your Bedrug pricing. We've purchased three from them over the years for various Rams in the family and always purchased the reduced-price Amazon Warehouse special. They don't have them all the time but when they do it is a heck of a deal. In our situation, all three were purchased for 40% less than the normal price and they were "Like New" condition. When they arrived, the boxes were all taped up as they had been ripped up by something, but the liner was in perfect, like new, never installed condition.

The last Bedrug we ordered back in August 2021, I called Bedrug directly as their price of $182.50 was better than Amazon's price.

drumminj

Reaction score
I have the bedrug floor and tailgate mat (not the full wrap-around). It's been great -- comfortable to climb on, keeps most things from sliding, etc. Honestly, at first I thought the full-wrap bedrugs looked weird, but after having the floor and tailgate mat, I wish I'd bought the full setup to protect the sides and wheel arches.

At this point I figure if the paint gets too beat up I'll just get a spray-in liner, then put the bedrug back on top of that !:)

GP-TEK

Reaction score
My truck came with the bedliner from the factory. Great stuff (Line-X is probably better ;) ), but it suits me fine.

I put a Bedrug in, too. It is fantastic. It comes right out, just held in with 2 2-foot velcro strips, if I want to carry nasty stuff. It is easy on my knees, it keeps any water that gets past my Retrax cover from getting anything wet (the bedrug is about 1" thick and doesn't wick water up), and it keeps any cargo from sliding around.

Bedrug is one of the best, and least expensive, add ons I've done. (I just did the flat piece on the bed, not the full wrap.)

Users who are viewing this thread