5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Rug Options for Rambox 5.7 bed

shonpaul

Reaction score
I spoke to BedRug Corporate and they have no plans to make a Bedrug for the ram box. Any other options or ideas for something similar? Thank you

classicn

Reaction score
Has anyone tried modifying the 2019 Ram Bedrug to fit the 2019 Rambox bed or are there problems in doing this? Can the bedrug be cut, trimmed by upholstery shop to fit the rambox bed? Any advice on solutions here.

shonpaul

Reaction score
Based on my experience it would not be easy to cut in a straight line. I think needs to fit perfect considering we paying $65,000 for our Beast. That is why I am looking for an alternative

HenryR

Reaction score
The bedrug mat, looks like the ribs line up with the RAMBOX bed, you can trimoff the excess and make it fix the rambox bed.

If you look at standard painted bed, there's a seem that runs up the sides, the spacing looks like the same at the size of the rambox.

The rambox bed has 10 ribs, the standard bed look like it has like 12 ribs...….. basically need to trim off 1 rib on each side.

HenryR

Reaction score
Get a good straight edge and a good sharp utility knife, I'm going to give it a try. My truck is on order, so I have to wait a few weeks for the build to be delivered.

classicn

Reaction score
My Main concern is taking out the wheel well area to make the fit as good as possible since Bedrug is not going to make a Rambox bedrug for the 2019's at this time. This may cause a need to have an upholstery shop make this work with the current bedrug for 2019 Rams.

HenryR

Reaction score
My Main concern is taking out the wheel well area to make the fit as good as possible since Bedrug is not going to make a Rambox bedrug for the 2019's at this time. This may cause a need to have an upholstery shop make this work with the current bedrug for 2019 Rams.

All you really need is a good long straight edge, mark the front, mark the rear, and cut off the excess. It looks fairly easy, depending on the material.

theonlyMcG

Reaction score
I installed the Bedrug BMT09BXS in mine. It is made for the 09-18 4th gen but it fits perfectly. I only cared about the bottom of the bed being covered, I didn't need the full bed coverage especially because I have the MFT and didn't even need the tailgate cover.

IMG_20191011_164224.jpg

MVIMG_20191011_164237.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread