5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed rack for rtt vs rear view mirror camera

Fifty

Reaction score
I’m trying to figure out the best way to mount a Roof Top Tent (RTT) on my TRX

initially I’d like to keep it low as possible, and get a low rack like from rhino.
But I’m not sure if I do that, I won’t be occluding the rear view mirror camera too much.

so then the other option is a tall rack like a leitner or nuthouse etc, and mounting the tent up high. Now is the camera low enough where it will have enough view from below the rack?

the factory bed lights on that center brake light are surprisingly bright.

I was going to have a yellow film cut to cover them and use as a dust light for when in the snow or when running trails with friends. So having that visibility is also part of the equation.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you have your tent below the roof-line the camera will most likely be blocked.
Time to break out the tape measure and see where those taller racks line up at.
I fabricated my RTT rack to clear the center brake light and to give me 6 feet of overhead clearance in the annex room when deployed (ARB Simpson III)
If you have a clam-shell, then it could be possible to drop it all the way down to bed rail height and not obstructing the view from the camera.
Have fun with you setup, what ever route you go.

Users who are viewing this thread