5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Organization

WildWildWest

Reaction score
I am searching for ideas for bed organization. I have a retractable tonneau cover which has the canister it rolls into. The space under it seem to be a waste. Have been trying to find a generic “under seat organizer” that would fit in that spot.

Anyhow, what do you all have in place in the beds of your trucks for simple organization!? Jumper cables, straps, bungees, small tool kits, etc.

Searched the forum and wasn’t getting any hits.

Pics please!

AndBen

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was just looking at those! Thanks for your response!

I was worried about how much bed space I would lose and was considering just doing one. The description says “nearly swings 180 degrees”, does it swing out over the tailgate pretty good?

Yeah, they swing way out.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am searching for ideas for bed organization. I have a retractable tonneau cover which has the canister it rolls into. The space under it seem to be a waste. Have been trying to find a generic “under seat organizer” that would fit in that spot.

Anyhow, what do you all have in place in the beds of your trucks for simple organization!? Jumper cables, straps, bungees, small tool kits, etc.

Searched the forum and wasn’t getting any hits.

Pics please!
This is why I would never have one of the retractable bed covers like that. Lose bed space.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California

WildWildWest

Reaction score
Appreciate you!

Guess my key words were off!

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Front Runner Wolf Packs fit perfectly under the canister of my Retrax retractable cover.
Those wolf packs look like the thing I've been searching for. I've wanted a pelican-style case without the pelican-cost. How do you like them?

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Those wolf packs look like the thing I've been searching for. I've wanted a pelican-style case without the pelican-cost. How do you like them?
They’re nice. I’ve actually got the Wolk Pack Pro bins but the regular Wolf Packs will also fit.

I use them for taking camping gear and such. I used to use big blue bins (and still do for bulky stuff like bedding), then found it was much easier to organize stuff in multiple, smaller bins.

In addition to fitting under the canister, they’ll stack two high under the cover. So you can fit a lot of them in the bed.

Additionally, unlike the Pelican cases, the kids come completely offer, instead of being hinged. That could be a benefit in some situations.

They are also strong enough to sit and stand on.

vinnieloo

Reaction score
I have swingcase and like it a lot. Holds a lot and very sturdy. When you install just pay attention to the height for interference to the cover rails and bed bottom. I have mine up a little higher to clear low stuff in the bed but limits opening the lid if i don't swing it out. Just do some test swings and openings before you screw it in.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They’re nice. I’ve actually got the Wolk Pack Pro bins but the regular Wolf Packs will also fit.

I use them for taking camping gear and such. I used to use big blue bins (and still do for bulky stuff like bedding), then found it was much easier to organize stuff in multiple, smaller bins.

In addition to fitting under the canister, they’ll stack two high under the cover. So you can fit a lot of them in the bed.

Additionally, unlike the Pelican cases, the kids come completely offer, instead of being hinged. That could be a benefit in some situations.

They are also strong enough to sit and stand on.
Awesome, thanks!

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Front Runner Wolf Packs fit perfectly under the canister of my Retrax retractable cover.

I hate to bug ya for these but do you happen to have a photo of your Albee setup with the wolf packs? I’m looking at them now & thinking of getting 2 of them & putting 1 on each side. Hoping my gorilla fold out ladder will still fit in between them when I bring it with me for work. I’ll take measurements tomorrow but interested to see how you have yours, especially if they’re stacked at all. Thanks!

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I hate to bug ya for these but do you happen to have a photo of your Albee setup with the wolf packs? I’m looking at them now & thinking of getting 2 of them & putting 1 on each side. Hoping my gorilla fold out ladder will still fit in between them when I bring it with me for work. I’ll take measurements tomorrow but interested to see how you have yours, especially if they’re stacked at all. Thanks!
I’m out of town for the weekend, so remind me next week.

Albee? Is that a typo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/