5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed mats. Whatcha got?

bocco

Reaction score
What bed mats work well? couldn't find a thread. A lot of choices out there. Is the Mopar mat worth the bucks?

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Dee Zee, nice and heavy no advertising logo, think it was less than $100 delivered. New rubber smell stunk up the garage for couple weeks though

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the bedrug products - super durable and look great, made in the US I believe as well. I had the ful liner in my 2014 ram and when I pulled it out 5 years later when I sold the truck it looked almost like new despite pretty regular use hauling everything from gravel to regular cargo and the bed was flawless underneath. They have a couple options now depending on intended use and have just the mats if you don't want the liner.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Dee Zee, fits great, I have it over my spray-in liner, great combo. Prevents items from moving around in the bed and won't damage the finish of anything you put in there, such as furniture.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
Perhaps a silly question, will the mat stay in the bed without it being covered? Have never had a mat before but not interested in having a cover or cap on my bed.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Perhaps a silly question, will the mat stay in the bed without it being covered? Have never had a mat before but not interested in having a cover or cap on my bed.

They are heavy & stiff, you need to be going 200 mph in a hurricane to make them move an inch.

In fact, if I have trash or something light in the bed that could fly off while driving, I stick it under the mat just at the end where the tail gate is, it won't go anywhere.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got the Full BedRug ($400) for my 21 Laramie w/6'-4" bed. I have a LEER model 122
Cap on the back. Even if I got a Bed Liner or Bed Mat I would have still put a regular
rug in the back for Camping.

Malodave

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got the Full BedRug ($400) for my 21 Laramie w/6'-4" bed. I have a LEER model 122
Cap on the back. Even if I got a Bed Liner or Bed Mat I would have still put a regular
rug in the back for Camping.

Malodave
This is my perspective exactly from experience - a bedrug with a mat when you need it is the perfect solution.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
Never had a bed mat before. Curious to know if debris gets gunked up under it.

I live in the woods. Trees shed misc. crap all the time. Oak tree pollen pods, locust tree blooms, maple tree seed pods, assorted leaves. Most of this blows out when driving. I could picture it building up under the mat and staying wet.

I have the bed package with spray in liner but could see the advantage to a rubber mat not letting stuff slide around. Rhino liner used to be rubbery like that. It seems in my area at least that urathane based Line-X has cornered the market so I don't know if Rhino is still rubbery.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the spray-in bedliner also and have the Rough Country mat. The underside has a billion little nibs that provide an air gap to keep the bed dry so you don't have any moisture hanging out under the mat. I'm sure other mats have that as well.

With layers you are always going to get dust/dirt/debris underneath it (at the edges at the very least). It takes me about 30 seconds to pull the mat out to sweep the bed out (or wash the truck) and about 60 seconds to toss it back in.

I just made a couple of runs to the dump last weekend with a bed full of dirt, dead plants, and plenty of bugs. After shoveling most of it out I just pulled up the front of the mat and "scooped" the rest of it out. My bed was clean under the mat and that was after diving to the dump and almost needing 4wd to make it to the dump site at the landfill (plenty of potholes and bumps to help settle the load in the bed).

I also have a soft tri-fold tonneau for the bed that I usually have on there so I can go longer between bed "cleanings" than others.

marin

Reaction score
I have Line-x bed liner and it was making holes in some of the bags and other stuff that is in the bed on some of my trips. Got a husky liner and it keeps things from moving and no issues. Love it and the price as well.

Users who are viewing this thread