5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed mat

SP97

Reaction score
I had a Dee Zee bed mat in my 97' Ram for its entire life and it was great. I am buying the same for my 19'. It seems there are two predominant bed mat sizes: 3/8" and 5/16" thickness. The Dee Zee is 3/8" and it fit great. Weather Tech has one that extends up the side of the bed a couple inches but my guess is that it is not very thick, and therefore not as impact resistant, and I don't believe it is available yet for the 19'.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a Westin bed mat. Would have never bought it if I had seen it first.
I have a 2001 Dodge 1500 with a bed mat, it has a tight fit, thick and uniform appearance. Unfortunately I could not recall the brand. The Westin in my 2019 Ram 1500 is not as tight of a fit and has three distinct and different looking areas.
It does what it is supposed to do and was not the worth the effort to return it. I have not purchased running boards as of yet but I have taken Westin off the list due to the quality and/or qualty control of the bed mat.
I believe in 2001 I paid $85 and under $100 for the 2019.

TBK

Reaction score
Okay, I ordered the Dee Zee based on your recommendation. Let's see how it goes. Got it for $101 on Amazon (plus my 5% cash back) and free shipping / no tax so OTD at less than $100. I had priced out doing LineX, but it just felt expensive and overkill for what I need, which is protection in the bed from things sliding in and out.

I did check with WT, and it seems that they still don't offer anything, but it was also nearly $200, which seems rich for something I'm going to pile firewood on.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread