5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed mat

CJ7nvrstk

Reaction score
Not wanting to spend the money yet on a spray in lineR line Line X. What bed mats have y’all used and what are your thoughts on them. Thanks.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Some info in thread.

Post 6 picture of Rough Country

More info post 65 and post 86

Last edited:

sandman98

Reaction score
Full BedRug classic liner here (transferred from my previous 4th gen Ram). But if I had to do it over, I'd probably just go with the BedRug XLT Mat. I definitely recommend something that cushions the tailgate portion of the bed as well--your knees will thank you.

Burnzie

Reaction score
Forget it looked it up and it's 3/8 thick, just ordered one.

BobK

Reaction score
I've been happy with it, stops things from sliding very well.
Would be better if they didnt put their name large on it like that but oh well. :)

Gitter

Reaction score
I have been happy with my Bedrug XLT mat. It holds things in place and doesn't scratch a thing. It's soft on my knees or bum (helpful on the tailgate). It's easy to clean with a vacuum or a hose (they are designed to get wet). It also easy to remove if you need to. Works with or without the the spray-in bedliner

20201031_133657.jpg

Thekidcasual

Reaction score
I have the spray in bed liner from the factory but just installed a bed rug mat today from a. Raptor I got for cheap and cut into place. Fits perfect and looks great!

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Dee Zee bed mat. My truck came with a spray-in liner, but no matter what, the Dee Zee mat was always going to go on. Mainly because it prevents anything from moving around you place on it, like boxes, loose tools, whatever, they stay put without having to strap anything down.

They also prevent damage of more fragile stuff you stick in your bed, such as finished wood furniture you don't want a rough spray-liner scratching up. I had only this type of mat on my 2015 F150, which had no other liner, and after 4 years of hard use, the bed looked brand new under the liner. Never once did I clean under it during that time. The sale man thought I never used the bed of my truck.

Dee Zee bed mat (or any similar heavy duty rubber mat), get one!

smankins

Reaction score
I have the Bedrug Impact Mat which covers the bed floor and the tailgate. I like how it feels and protects the bed but I have had a lot of trouble with the velcro attachment to the bed. When going at highway speed and in a high cross wind I have had the mat separate from the bed and almost fly out of the pickup (twice). The velcro hook and loop did not stay fastened. The velcro strips stay attached to the bed and to the cover; they just separated on their own. I finally just left my cargo bar in the bed down low across the front of the mat to keep it in place after adding more velcro strips in the front. I now have a Lomax tonneau cover so it won't be an issue anymore. If I had to do it over again I would just get a rubber mat to lay in the back - that is what I had in my 2006 Ram 3500 and it never tried to leave me while going down the road.

Attachments

• Bedrug1.jpg
    Bedrug1.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 42

Users who are viewing this thread