5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Mat options for 5'7" w/ Rambox

paulmtalleyjr

Reaction score
Have we found anything out there yet? I just got my truck and need to get something ASAP

s0nicsvt04

Reaction score
Check autoanything or Realtruck websites. Usually the brand deezee sells bed mats for most makes and models.

Lize

Reaction score
Bedrug mat without boxes and cut the sides off it.

ders0

Reaction score
The previous gen rambox bed rug fits fine. It's the best option by far.

Lize

Reaction score
Bedrug mat without boxes and cut the sides off it.
I perhaps had been over thinking things when I ordered the Ram as decided to opt for spray in liner and a bedrug mat so that the divider got a good fix to the sides rather than perhaps being hindered by a bedrug whilst I still having something kind to my knees. Anyway fitted the bedrug this evening.

When I opened the box it was a full rug for 19 without boxes and not just the mat I was expecting. So rather than just trim the floor edges off I decided I would also use the bulkhead part too. I'm pleased with the result, a few steps below, not complex but in case its useful for someone in the unlikely event that they want to do the same. Longest part of the job was trying to "snap" the J clip onto the tailgate cover, couldn't find silicone spray so tried with dish soap but ended up tapping it on with a hammer using a cloth for protection.
  • Unpicked sides from back and zip
  • Zipped back onto bottom
  • Popped into truck and found where new corners were
  • Put small zip ties as new zipper start and end points (with zipper only closed up to corner and not the end)
  • Unpicked the excess zip lengths from back and bottom and cut them off
  • I folded up the bits near the anchor points and cut slots plus chamfered off a bit of the foam backing
  • Cut off excess mat from back and edges
I could have just stuck the back on the bulkhead and not bothered with the zip but I wanted to use it to help stop dirt getting under the join. I wasn't confident of breaking open the zip and getting it reconnected so it leaves the bedrug logo cut in half, I would have used the plain side and cut off the logo completely had I not been worried getting the zip restarted. Turning up the side bits at the back corner makes for a neat continuous finish at the zipper ends, not really sure I needed to do this at the tailgate end but I did it the same anyway.

Haven't attached it yet as had gone a bit cold and I wanted to have my dinner but it won't take long to do that in the morning.

I've had bedbugs before but not modified one, I was impressed how well it was made.

IMG_0702.jpeg IMG_0695.jpeg IMG_0694.jpeg IMG_0700.jpeg

Apart from the full side pieces, these are the only offcuts I made (was cautious and underestimated first chop of back so bedrug logo is in 2 bits and in the end it could have been 1/4 to 1/2 inch bigger):

IMG_0693.jpeg

Edit: just updating this thread from ages ago.

Had a bit of bother getting the tailgate to shut so fitted that section a bit higher up the tailgate and trimmed the top and tucked it in the J clip. This made the hinge cover part more taught and easily opens and closes without it getting trapped.

Attachments

• EE5BE0FF-C088-4E66-B7F4-6F77B85DF3D1.jpeg
    EE5BE0FF-C088-4E66-B7F4-6F77B85DF3D1.jpeg
    286.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 56A1B581-71ED-4D26-8E29-7033FDECD223.jpeg
    56A1B581-71ED-4D26-8E29-7033FDECD223.jpeg
    217 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

trainman

Reaction score
I just go the Tractor Supply and get there large Stall Mat, yes it's for animals to stand on on concrete. The mat is 4x6 feet, I just cut off a few inches and it fits the bed floor perfect. I believe it 5/8 pr 3/4 inch thick, will never wear out and is heavy so it won't blow out either. $40. 00 and well worth it.

trainman

BURLY

Reaction score
I just go the Tractor Supply and get there large Stall Mat, yes it's for animals to stand on on concrete. The mat is 4x6 feet, I just cut off a few inches and it fits the bed floor perfect. I believe it 5/8 pr 3/4 inch thick, will never wear out and is heavy so it won't blow out either. $40. 00 and well worth it.

trainman
Excellent advice! Picking up mine today, thanks!

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I looked at those. It was $45 at my Tractor Supply. I did not like how thick it is.

I went to Home Depot and got a 4x6 recycled rubber commercial door mat. $29.97. It is 3/8 thick.

I posted a picture in another thread if you want to look it up.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also looked at the 4x6 stall mat at Tractor Supply. Ended up going with two of their 4x3 mats and pushing them together. Trimming one mat was easy and I used the extra pieces to help stop water from coming in the bed around the tailgate.

Here is the link if you are interested:

I looked at those. They're 1/2 inch thick. If they had that in 4x6, I would have gotten one. It's a good thickness and I liked the texturing of the surface. But, I didn't want a 2-piece solution.

My $30 mat from Home Depot looks good (to me, anyway). It is recycled rubber, so it feels pretty sturdy. It weighed 29 pounds before I trimmed one end off. Hopefully, it will hold up okay. Time will tell...

Users who are viewing this thread