5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Lights???

Paco

Reaction score
Wanting to install OEM bed lights for my 2022 eco rebel.
Dealer says it cant be done???
Any one hear install the factory bed light kit????
Issues???
Thanks .

Paco

Reaction score
I have been reading for days now.
I understand everything about the process.
I just want to confirm someone with a 2022 Rebel has done this mod.
Thanks for your help.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No way it cannot be done.
It is part of one of the packages offered from factory. I'm just not sure if the wirings are there or not since I went the other way.

70runner

Reaction score
Installed the factory bedlight pkg on 2021 Rebel. Have to run harness to driver footwell connectors, then activate with alfaobd. When I installed bedrug, added some plastic surrounds for cleaner look.

frameL.jpg

CaliRebel

Reaction score
Wanting to install OEM bed lights for my 2022 eco rebel.
Dealer says it cant be done???
Any one hear install the factory bed light kit????
Issues???
Thanks .
Time to find a new dealer, it can be done. Hammerdown Motorsports on YouTube did it to his Rebel.

Sbrad

Reaction score
2020 Rebel, I had mine done at the dealership without any issues. They work great and made a big difference at night with having a bed cover.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Food for thought, its pretty easy to install led strips under your bed rails and power them off of your trailer 12v+ wire with a switch of meg switch in the tail gate. Its also going to be a heck of a lot cheaper and give your arguably better light coverage in your bed. I think this kit cost me around $25.

If you are dead set on factory light kits here you go, Infotainments kit is turn key: Ram 1500 and Heavy Duty Truck Cargo Bed LED Lighting Kit

WillySwan

Reaction score
I installed the factory bed lights on my 2022 Rebel earlier this week. It was very straight forward.

Instead of using the Mopar bed light kit (p/n ‎82215272AB) which requires running wires up the BCM in the cab and repinning a connector, I purchased the two factory wire harnesses that are used when the lights are installed on the production line. It is a true plug-and-play installation, remove and replace two wire harness sections. It took an hour at most. The new harnesses have the "christmas tree" attachments in the correct locations to secure the new harnesses to the truck frame.

Here are the parts I purchased from BAM Wholesale Parts:
Part NumberPart NamePrice
68312566ABLift-Gate Lamp, Right$25.65
68618373AALift-Gate Lamp, Left$40.14
68488851ABJumper Wiring, Left$40.47
68523847AAJumper Wiring, Right$45.21

For comparison, the ‎82215272AB bed light kit is currently priced at $158.25, so using the factory harnesses was a tiny bit less expensive.

These are the items that I configured using AlfaOBD to enable the lights.
  • CBC Config I/0 Bed Light Switch Input Present - Pin G16: -> Yes
  • CBC Config I/0 Connector F Pin 6: Baggage Compartment Lamps Output Present -> Yes
  • 2014 CBC Config I/0 & FEAT.: Bed Lighting Present - Pin A5: -> Yes
Good luck.

Dogboyslim

Reaction score
Happy I found this. I'm pretty dense though, so can I confirm, the harnesses above are like a Y harness (guessing from "jumper"), so remove taillight, remove taillight plug, plug in Jumper harness to taillight and to current harness and to the LED lights, tuck away any extra wiring, then put all the lights back in and secure? I'll tackle the alfaOBD thing later (I have an iphone, not android), but want to be sure this is all that's needed. I can do this, but I wasn't thrilled with taking out all the wheel wells and messing with pinning under the dash and almost contemplated having the dealer do it. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online