5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Lighting Question

agillott13

Reaction score
I am coming from a Ford where the Box lighting was a very common thing, so once you have a truck with it, it is hard to go without. I bought my Ram off the lot and one of the things that it didn't have was the Box Utility Group. My question is, does anyone know if the beds are prewired for those lights or not? If so is there a Mopar part number for the kit that I can install myself?

Thanks in advance.

ProdigyDude

Reaction score
I am coming from a Ford where the Box lighting was a very common thing, so once you have a truck with it, it is hard to go without. I bought my Ram off the lot and one of the things that it didn't have was the Box Utility Group. My question is, does anyone know if the beds are prewired for those lights or not? If so is there a Mopar part number for the kit that I can install myself?

Thanks in advance.

The beds aren’t pre wired unfortunately but here is the link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdventureJunkie

Reaction score
Part number is 82215272AB

The kit comes with all the wires and zip ties. There are wiring instructions but I know at one point there was an error with the spinning that has been discussed on here and in some YouTube videos.

For the wiring there are two methods. What the instructions say where you will need to bring the truck in for programming and a method where you don't that is discussed somewhere

I have mine sitting in a box from christmas just waiting on some better weather and some free time

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mpickwith

Reaction score
I just received my kit I couldn’t pass up the price. Before I ordered the dealer said they couldn’t unite me without seeing it. I went to the dealer today for another issue and the advisor told me SRT is 2.5 and at their rate of $150. If they don’t install just to program it would be $150. At this rate might just sell my kit lol

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just received my kit I couldn’t pass up the price. Before I ordered the dealer said they couldn’t unite me without seeing it. I went to the dealer today for another issue and the advisor told me SRT is 2.5 and at their rate of $150. If they don’t install just to program it would be $150. At this rate might just sell my kit lol

I’d try another dealer, or just go the AlfaOBD route like many. That seems a little too pricey just to turn on the bed light function which would probably take them all of ten minutes. I’ll be ordering the kit as soon as I get the line-x done.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Yeah, or even find someone local from the forum that has AlfaOBD, a bypass, and Bluetooth gateway. Takes about 30 seconds to activate the lights.

Mpickwith

Reaction score
I’d try another dealer, or just go the AlfaOBD route like many. That seems a little too pricey just to turn on the bed light function which would probably take them all of ten minutes. I’ll be ordering the kit as soon as I get the line-x done.

Check Amazon I got mine for $117 on there they came from a dealer in GA. Thx for the heads up on AlfaOBD wasn’t sure if that would work or even Tazer. If I’m gonna spend that much for them to program 1 function might as well buy one that’ll allow me to change a few different options

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Check Amazon I got mine for $117 on there they came from a dealer in GA. Thx for the heads up on AlfaOBD wasn’t sure if that would work or even Tazer. If I’m gonna spend that much for them to program 1 function might as well buy one that’ll allow me to change a few different options

That’s what I did. Picked up a cheap android tablet, the sgw bypass and an MX+ so I can do stuff myself and have the ability to read any codes that might pop up.

Users who are viewing this thread