5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Lighting - Longhorn/Limited

DaYooper

Reaction score
Does anyone here have a Longhorn or Limited without the Bed Utility Group (BUG)? Do you have the rear bed led lighting with the separate switch on the light?

The brochure shows the bed lighting as standard on the Longhorn and Limited, but several posts on the forum state that the only way to get the bed lighting is to order the BUG, even on a Longhorn or Limited.

I'm really hoping to get a truck ordered this week, but I'm hung up on paying $445 for the BUG if the only thing you currently get on a non RamBox truck is the upper utility rails.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone here have a Longhorn or Limited without the Bed Utility Group (BUG)? Do you have the rear bed led lighting with the separate switch on the light?

The brochure shows the bed lighting as standard on the Longhorn and Limited, but several posts on the forum state that the only way to get the bed lighting is to order the BUG, even on a Longhorn or Limited.

I'm really hoping to get a truck ordered this week, but I'm hung up on paying $445 for the BUG if the only thing you currently get on a non RamBox truck is the upper utility rails.
I wish I could answer this one, but the brochure also states that you get the bed extender and bed step. I had to negotiate with my dealer to order the posts that enable bed extender functionality, as FCA has quietly eliminated them. I also didn't get the bed step because it wasn't even available when I took delivery, and the dealer didn't want to accommodate a future request (although they agreed to sell it to me at cost when available).

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
I wish I could answer this one, but the brochure also states that you get the bed extender and bed step. I had to negotiate with my dealer to order the posts that enable bed extender functionality, as FCA has quietly eliminated them. I also didn't get the bed step because it wasn't even available when I took delivery, and the dealer didn't want to accommodate a future request (although they agreed to sell it to me at cost when available).
For what it's worth, my build sheet says the truck comes with the "Truck Bed Cargo Divider." No mention of the step, so that'll be something I go to the dealer to get later on.
Build Sheet pic.JPG

EDIT: Holy dog$h!t, I'm now in KZ! :eek::eek::eek:

DaYooper

Reaction score
I think I answered my own question because here is a screen capture from a dealer video of a Longhorn without the BUG but still including the bed lighting that is listed as standard in the brochure.

2019 Red Pearl Ram Longhorn Demo 2-29 screenshot.png

Jpell651

Reaction score
which further begs the question of what are we paying for with BUG on a Limited? A lot of money for two clips and a plastic divider. When I ordered, I was under the impression it came with a box extender and a step. Those have mysteriously gone away. They claim a spray in bed liner and lighting, but that is standard with a Limited. Please tell me I didn't pay $500 for a bed divider and four clips.....

Deshatt

Reaction score
I have a Limited without BUG and I have the lights with the switch.

DaYooper

Reaction score
I have a Limited without BUG and I have the lights with the switch.

Thanks for the confirmation @Deshatt

There's further confirmation for you, @DaYooper.

By the way...I go snowmobiling in the U.P. You live up that way?

We own a seasonal motel in St. Ignace where we stay in the summer and live about 30 miles north near Trout Lake.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We own a seasonal motel in St. Ignace where we stay in the summer and live about 30 miles north near Trout Lake.
Cool. My uncle, his siblings, and his mom are members of the Hiawatha Sportsman's Club (all have cabins/homes up there). I mostly ride around the club, Naubinway, Engadine, Newberry, and have been out to Tahquamenon Falls. Nice country.

Users who are viewing this thread