5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed light covers falling out after LineX lining put in

deese

Reaction score
Hi all. Question. I went in last week to have a LineX liner sprayed on my bed. They removed the plastic caps that covered the openings where I’m guessing the LED bed lights would be if my truck had that feature. I noticed when I got home they had fallen out and were laying in my bed. When putting them back in I noticed they don’t snap into place. They fit fine but just don’t lock into place. Assuming the coating added some thickness to the distance from the face of the cover to the clips that snap once past the body. Anyone else have this problem? Looking for solutions. Thanks in advance.

0F24A0C2-405A-4F06-917B-EA02AE9DBE40.jpeg

2E48C7DA-7925-4CC0-A3F7-7AFBC07EF768.jpeg

Skg74

Reaction score
Yes, same thing happened to me after I had mine sprayed. I just put a little dab of black rtv in each corner, they haven’t popped out since.

Nukegm426

Reaction score
Yep they’re designed for the thickness of the bed sheet metal not the extra thickness of the liner... you could take a razor and cut the little tabs that actually lock them in down a little at a time till they snap in better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online