5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed light add on

Djjaws2002

Reaction score
I have a 2021 ecodiesel 1500 5x7 box, and I'd like to add a kit for the bed lights. I see the kit is pretty readily available, but I'd like to know if there are any tips to installing it. Are they plug and play or do I have to do something to the computer to make them work?

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There are a few YouTube vids on it. There are work around a for the computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah search on YouTube and you will find out how to do it. It's pretty simple. I added the Mopar lights and then tapped in a few extra bed lights to them. Pretty sweet and very bright!

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've done the OEM lights for my truck. It's kind of a PITA to get everything run and wired into the harness in the driver side footwell, but the OEM integration is worth the effort IMO. The lights can be activated via AlphaOBD.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OEM is nice, but kinda pricey. If coulda gotten it cheaper, I probably would’ve gone OEM.
Instead, I’ve stuck two 5ft LED strips down the underside of the bed rail, and wired it to my trailer hitch wiring behind the bumper through my taillight cavity. It was an easy install thanks to that constant 12v pin #4 on the trailer harness. Wired up the supplied switch and velcroed it to my bed rug.
Install woulda taken way less time, but the harness fuse had blown, so a trip to the auto parts store was necessary.
After all said and done, $24.00 for the led strips (Amazon), $6 for the fuse (AutoZone) Already had extra hookup wire on hand. About 2 1/2 hours, including trip to store. So, maaaaybe 1 3/4 hr. of total time to install and wire up. Pretty happy with the results. No issues to report.
Good luck. 🤙🏽

U

User_76295

Two stick on LED lights from Amazon. Grand total of $40 CAD. Auto-off timers at 1, 5 & 10 minutes.

Ecolight Battery-Operated 6-inch White LED Tap Bar - Auto Timer - 30,000 Hours Lamp Life - White https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01M7P1Y7B/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_E7DBAFJMV60EHX8SRD5B?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
ae11f313998b7b8d9db3c904c306e467.jpg
b51fa50d9e0405d1741a0f1af0bc3157.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

Rino2301

Reaction score
Can you explain the auto off timer? Where do you get it and how do you wire it?

Users who are viewing this thread