5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Led light wiring harness

Joeyz400

Reaction score
Does anyone know where the bed LED light harness hooks into under the bed? My fourth gen hooked up right under the bed, one on each side

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
If your truck did not come with the factory bed lighting then you won't have a harness. It does come with the Mopar kit though.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
And if it didn't come with it and you use the Mopar kit, you have to run the wires from the back to the front. Infotainment has a nice install video on it.

Nukegm426

Reaction score
I find it odd that they build a totally separate harness just for the bed light option instead of having a plug built in to a standard harness that the light then plugs into if optioned.

redneck

Reaction score
mine came with the led bed lights from the factory i removed the drivers side tail light & the plug was mounted right their & it y-ed off to both lights

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
I find it odd that they build a totally separate harness just for the bed light option instead of having a plug built in to a standard harness that the light then plugs into if optioned.
Most manufacturers are going this route. Removing that copper wire and connectors saves them a ton over the lifecycle of a model type. Then they can also charge people extra for it as an add-on kit.

Nukegm426

Reaction score
Yes but the extra cost to manufacture and stock a totally separate part for this little change far out weighs the cost savings. They replaced a 20cent connector on the harness with an entirely new harness lol. In the age of stocking fewer parts and making them work in more applications this is backwards. It makes more sense to have one standard harness then branch off of it for options... then you don’t have people having to spend more time learning different harnesses for installation and more uniformity in the build.

JayStein

Reaction score
From the factory the cargo bed lights would be plugged into the xy670a connector for the driver side. This has the cargo light drive and cargo light switch signal circuits (pin 6 and 11) that go to the BCM. The passenger side bed light harness would plug into xy675a connector which has the cargo light drive circuit.

The Xy670a is located on the frame in the rear driver side above the resonator. There are two connectors there. Its the one on top. The xy675a is on the crossmember in front of the spare tire towards the driver side. Of course the harnesses coming out of these connectors have circuits for other features, so your best bet is to just pin in the addon wires for the bed lights into your existing harnesses.

Use alphaobd to enable the bcm configurations. CBC I/O pin A5 enabled: yes
CBC I/O pin G16 enabled: yes

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Yes but the extra cost to manufacture and stock a totally separate part for this little change far out weighs the cost savings. They replaced a 20cent connector on the harness with an entirely new harness lol. In the age of stocking fewer parts and making them work in more applications this is backwards. It makes more sense to have one standard harness then branch off of it for options... then you don’t have people having to spend more time learning different harnesses for installation and more uniformity in the build.
Sense in the way you are looking at it doesn't come in to play on this. Trust me that it is all about money for the manufacturer. If it cost them more to do it this way they would 100% not do it. This option makes them the most money. They have enough bean counters to back that up.

Joeyz400

Reaction score
From the factory the cargo bed lights would be plugged into the xy670a connector for the driver side. This has the cargo light drive and cargo light switch signal circuits (pin 6 and 11) that go to the BCM. The passenger side bed light harness would plug into xy675a connector which has the cargo light drive circuit.

The Xy670a is located on the frame in the rear driver side above the resonator. There are two connectors there. Its the one on top. The xy675a is on the crossmember in front of the spare tire towards the driver side. Of course the harnesses coming out of these connectors have circuits for other features, so your best bet is to just pin in the addon wires for the bed lights into your existing harnesses.

Use alphaobd to enable the bcm configurations. CBC I/O pin A5 enabled: yes
CBC I/O pin G16 enabled: yes
Thanks!!!

Joeyz400

Reaction score
My 4th gen had a harness that plugged right in to a connector on the frame.....

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the new bed light kit can be enabled from a tazer?

Users who are viewing this thread