5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed lamp kit

Do you have some tips on removing the wiring harness? I tried to remove the driver side and it was a pain. I couldn't remove it.
Would removing the spare tire helps? What tab to I press to release the wiring harness? I got all the parts and ready to install. but couldn't do it because I cant remove the wiring harness.

To get the passenger side you definitely need to at least lower the spare tire several inches, don’t need to remove it all the way.

The driver side I remember being pretty easy. What part were you struggling with? Unplugging the harness? I think I had to lookup how that unplugs. Or removing those pesky clips that hold it onto the frame? For those you just gotta really pry with a crowbar or flathead. Don’t really have to worry about damaging them because the new harness has them.

@adrixe Here’s some pictures of the driver harness. To release it you have to pull the yellow tab up (so that it is level with the red clip), then pull the whole red clip to the side.
d628fa9528ccc2d5a24d526b7fa0cf12.jpg

be4158749e852ce08b52515c14f7179d.jpg

@adrixe Here’s some pictures of the driver harness. To release it you have to pull the yellow tab up (so that it is level with the red clip), then pull the whole red clip to the side.
d628fa9528ccc2d5a24d526b7fa0cf12.jpg

be4158749e852ce08b52515c14f7179d.jpg
Thank you for this! I will try to work on mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back