5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed holes without utility group- Solution?

SDVmnt

Reaction score
Didn't get the bed utility group with my truck. The holes everywhere aren't going to be fun with gravel or winter driving. Anyone have a solution to plug these? I have Rhino lining already.

RJS

Reaction score
If you have the rear wheel liners you shouldn't get much thrown up there. What you could do to fill the holes is add the rivet nut inserts used to hold the bolts that attach the BUG rail and then screw in a nice looking round head bolt in black or stainless. You could also then remove the bolts and add ring head bolts to attach stuff.

cnyram

Reaction score
Didn't get the bed utility group with my truck. The holes everywhere aren't going to be fun with gravel or winter driving. Anyone have a solution to plug these? I have Rhino lining already.

Every time I trade in a truck that I drilled through the frame to mount a plow, I plug the frame holes with plastic push pins to avoid getting dinged on the trade in value. Usually can't tell they even had a plow mounted on them. Amazon has them in all different sizes, they would blend with your bedliner and if you really want to make sure the holes are waterproof, put a small bead of some black rtv sealant under the push pin head before you push it in. The head will blend with the bedliner and the sealant will fill any imperfections so you get a good waterproof seal.

Users who are viewing this thread