5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Extender for 2019 RAM

ponypride

Reaction score
I have some questions about the bed extender.
1) does it bolt onto the sides of the bed?
2) when in place, does it keep the tailgate from flopping when going over bumps?
3) Does it flip back into the bed when not in use? If so, will there be any problem closing a hard tonneau Cover when it is in the bed? I would think it fits below the rails.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have some questions about the bed extender.
1) does it bolt onto the sides of the bed?
2) when in place, does it keep the tailgate from flopping when going over bumps?
3) Does it flip back into the bed when not in use? If so, will there be any problem closing a hard tonneau Cover when it is in the bed? I would think it fits below the rails.
3) According to the instructional video, it can be locked in place at the front of the bed for stowage without impeding bed space.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got to play with the one at the Houston Auto Show in Jan. If you look at the handle in the middle, it twists to allow the two wings to flip out. Notice the two holes in the ends (just above center handle in picture) - one is round and one is a slot. In this photo you can't see the round guide pin but there are two on the high sides of the bed near the tailgate. Below them are the rectangular guides/locks.
To install the bed extender, unlock then twist the center handle. Flip out the two wings so it's now in a U shape. Position the extender so that it is sitting on the end of the tailgate and then you can push the wings onto the guide pins (one round and one rectangular). Then twist the rectangular one 90 degrees to lock it all in.
You can't put it on upside down (as it now appears in this photo) since the holes won't line up that way.

y4mcENz_88UE7vqPXSBlsxEiKZ7sui57pSC5GXJuw42rV1CCTc8Rvu8Y9ZIt3TaDYc4KxcxHnL-1S5zV14KhoE8ywy3TwHwp30GZwOJVuKrfweBcj0u2NJwAto3-7p2ncd3fI7188jdJTlTUAH5Op3cwQsqt7hiRGPQml_D81ExJ3Hlgtv8bzcOHa2_EXglNB8JFyUJb6XadZMkq8bgbVNwpA

Agitated

Reaction score
There's two types of bed extenders. One for use with the ramboxes and one to be used stand alone. I assumed the OP was asking about the standalone but maybe not.

MoMan

Reaction score
Quick question my new 2019 Limited with Ram boxes does not have the locks on the inside of the bed to connect the extender. How do I find a part number or order these?

Tom488

Reaction score
Quick question my new 2019 Limited with Ram boxes does not have the locks on the inside of the bed to connect the extender. How do I find a part number or order these?

Users who are viewing this thread