5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Drains for Tonneau Cover

jabara572

Reaction score
Did a search and couldnt find anything.

I put a tonneau cover on and its pretty water tight but hard rain some water seeps in. I have a drop-in bedliner so I cant see where the stock drain holes are to know where to route the included drain hoses.

Can someone snap a pic of their bed showing where the drains are so that I can know where to drill a hole in my plastic liner? 6'4" bed if that matters.
Thanks

RJS

Reaction score

I put a tonneau cover on and its pretty water tight but hard rain some water seeps in. I have a drop-in bedliner so I cant see where the stock drain holes are to know where to route the included drain hoses.

Can someone snap a pic of their bed showing where the drains are so that I can know where to drill a hole in my plastic liner? 6'4" bed if that matters.
Thanks
If it's a factory liner the front holes are next to the front tie down area. If you pull the rubber plug, you will see the hole about 3/4" toward the front of the bed from the tie down. You will need to add a hole in the plug to route the hose. Just did that yesterday, mines a 5'7" bed but I'll bet they are in the same place.

If it's not a factory liner the hole is still in the same place with respect to the tie down.;)

jabara572

Reaction score
If it's a factory liner the front holes are next to the front tie down area. If you pull the rubber plug, you will see the hole about 3/4" toward the front of the bed from the tie down. You will need to add a hole in the plug to route the hose. Just did that yesterday, mines a 5'7" bed but I'll bet they are in the same place.

If it's not a factory liner the hole is still in the same place with respect to the tie down.;)

Thanks its a drop in duraliner, I know its down near the tie down somewhere but I really need to see a pic to know where to drill a hole to avoid removing my liner just to see. Any chance you snapped a pic?

RJS

Reaction score
Thanks its a drop in duraliner, I know its down near the tie down somewhere but I really need to see a pic to know where to drill a hole to avoid removing my liner just to see. Any chance you snapped a pic?

Just happen to have a couple:

IMG_20191115_121945.jpg

This is the front tie down. The rear hole looks the same except it is closer to the tail gate from the tie down.

IMG_20191115_121804.jpg

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
Are you wanting pics of the bed without a liner?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California

Thanks
DSC05291.JPG

That's the rear. The front is a mirror image, with the hole outboard of the hook. FWIW, 6'4" bed with spray-in.

RJS

Reaction score
Where did you get that plastic "cup" to fit the hole? Mine just has empty circles there.

Thanks again
They came installed with the factory bedliner so I'll assume they are a factory part. You could probably find them at one of the Mopar suppliers on-line or your local dealer.

swing4terps

Reaction score
New owner here. I’m installing a tonneau and want to make sure I’m not inadvertently doing harm.

Looks like there are two options for the drain hose. One high (larger) and one low. And actually for the high one, it looks like there’s a path immediately in and down. And another further in and then down. I’ve routed the string all ways and it ultimately ends up in the same place: down unfinished metal and around some parts that I don’t know what they are.

Any concerns with using any of those options?

D3D9B0A2-2CF5-40B8-9713-582E3A8DA270.jpeg

DK04

Reaction score
Use the higher one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Is this also a good place for the drain tube? The higher oval shaped hole on the upper half of the bed wall? Does it matter whether you out the drain tube in this one vs the lower hole next to the tie down hook ?

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can someone help me understand the drain requirement? Obviously, I don't have the need for it myself, but I'm just trying to understand why you do need it. I thought the original post was about no holes in his bedliner and the bed was filling with water, but he has a cover on it and you are suggesting a drain hose from the cover through the bed. That's what I don't understand. Doesn't the water just drain off the top of the hard cover? If they are flat, how does the water accumulate to be forced down a drain tube.

I'm just trying to understand this. Thanks

Richard320

Reaction score
Can someone help me understand the drain requirement? Obviously, I don't have the need for it myself, but I'm just trying to understand why you do need it. I thought the original post was about no holes in his bedliner and the bed was filling with water, but he has a cover on it and you are suggesting a drain hose from the cover through the bed. That's what I don't understand. Doesn't the water just drain off the top of the hard cover? If they are flat, how does the water accumulate to be forced down a drain tube.

I'm just trying to understand this. Thanks
It's like a sunroof. There's a track that can fill up and needs to drain somewhere.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is this with the BAK flip style cover, or any hard flip style cover? I'm familiar with the soft rollup covers that cover the track with the vinyl. I thought the hard covers also covered the track.

Richard320

Reaction score
Is this with the BAK flip style cover, or any hard flip style cover? I'm familiar with the soft rollup covers that cover the track with the vinyl. I thought the hard covers also covered the track.
There are different styles. Some slide in a track so they sit flush . Mine sits on top the bed rails.

Ickabod

Reaction score
Mine went into the front of the bed. This was based on the directions from BakFlip. This is with a factory spray-in liner.
2021-06-04 17.25.19.jpg

jupp0r

Reaction score
Thanks, this is totally helping me to figure out how to get 2 awg cable into the bed for my aux battery installation!

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I routed my Bakflip MX4 into the top holes at the front of the cargo area. Is there anything I need to do beyond that, or is it going to drain out itself from there?

I'd like to plug the bottom holes if possible, to keep debris out. Any ideas for a plug?

Users who are viewing this thread