5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed drain holes

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have an idea. Let's revive an old thread, and beat that dead horse. With a crowbar. And another crowbar. And another crowbar. And another crowbar.
He forgot to mention he also used the crowbar to re-open this thread

397STROKER

Reaction score
I used a pry bar, I used a pry bar.......................

Chris_S

Reaction score
The same thing happened to me. I just purchased my 1500 in February, the liner was applied by a third party the dealer uses. We've had a lot of rain in our area lately and I dropped my tailgate yesterday to be greeted by the unmistakable smell of hot, stagnant water. My fault I didn't look closely enough at the application job I guess, but in February in Chicago I just didn't think of the drain holes. Now I'm chasing drain holes and figuring out how to apply water seal gasket to the gaps on the tailgate edges, as it is the only place I can figure out the water got in my cover. Whether this is a re-hashed thread or not, as a new member to the website and a new owner I appreciate having somewhere to go to glean the knowledge and tips on how to find and open up the drain hole.

Jmac509

Reaction score
The same thing happened to me. I just purchased my 1500 in February, the liner was applied by a third party the dealer uses. We've had a lot of rain in our area lately and I dropped my tailgate yesterday to be greeted by the unmistakable smell of hot, stagnant water. My fault I didn't look closely enough at the application job I guess, but in February in Chicago I just didn't think of the drain holes. Now I'm chasing drain holes and figuring out how to apply water seal gasket to the gaps on the tailgate edges, as it is the only place I can figure out the water got in my cover. Whether this is a re-hashed thread or not, as a new member to the website and a new owner I appreciate having somewhere to go to glean the knowledge and tips on how to find and open up the drain hole.
Have you considered using a crowbar?

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I fail to see how a crowbar would work in this application. Someone said prybar, now that would work, or one of those big flathead screwdrivers. Definitely not a crowbar though, it doesn't even make sense....

Screenshot_20230707_142743_Chrome~2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread