5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed divider?

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
Does the bed divider come with the Bed utility group or do you have to buy that separately? Specifically the bed utility group with the Ram Boxes.

PwC

Reaction score
Does the bed divider come with the Bed utility group or do you have to buy that separately? Specifically the bed utility group with the Ram Boxes.

If you look at the published brochure for a rambox equipped truck with the BUG, it should include the bed extender, not the divider, and the retractable step( late availability). I ordered my limited on Sunday and included both of those options

Ranchram

Reaction score
The bed divider and bed extender on ramboxes trucks are one and the same. The only issue is that many folks have not been getting the mounting brackets on their delivered trucks to utilize the extender function. I asked my dealer and he through them in gratis.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you look at the published brochure for a rambox equipped truck with the BUG, it should include the bed extender, not the divider, and the retractable step( late availability). I ordered my limited on Sunday and included both of those options
To my knowledge, none of us have received the bed step. Several of us (myself included) have bought it through other sources and installed it ourselves...I finally had the chance to do that tonight. But as @Ranchram indicated, those of us that have asked for the bed extender pegs have gotten our dealers to throw them in.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just got my bed extender pins installed today. The ones the dealer ordered came with a piece of plastic trim as well as the pins. I think the trim was for a non-rambox truck. It for sure did not fit anything on mine :D The pins fit fine and now the dealer has some extra trim pieces

And my dealer threw them in for me as well

DaBoone37

Reaction score
Does anyone have a photo of the pins? My truck was just delivered to the dealer and they sent me some pics but not sure what part I am looking for. Thank you

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not a photo, but this is from Version 3 of the PDF Owner's Manual:
1542145511136.png

1542145535776.png

Jpell651

Reaction score
Not a photo, but this is from Version 3 of the PDF Owner's Manual:
View attachment 8143

View attachment 8144
I have an extra set that I purchased by accident if anyone is interested? They really make a difference, now the BUG actually has some value, as the bed divider is a very well executed now that pins can function as a bed extender as well. How can I get the step? That would be great to find, as climbing into the back without it is not fun...

stubright

Reaction score
The bed utility group is a waste of Money if you are purchasing the Limited with the ram box Option.

Ranchram

Reaction score
The bed utility group is a waste of Money if you are purchasing the Limited with the ram box Option.
I think the only way you get the bed divider/extender with the ramboxes is with the BUG. Really got a lot of use for it on my previous truck and think I will on this one as well. Money well spent for me.

W9MCP

Reaction score
Anyone have the part # for the retractable step?

cjmst23

Reaction score
Anyone have the part # for the retractable step?
82215289AB.... My dealer actually ordered me one when I showed him that it was listed in the brochure when I ordered. Haven't received it yet, but saw him order it while I stood there. IMG_20181102_081002853.jpg

MSchnLoneStar19

Reaction score
82215289AB.... My dealer actually ordered me one when I showed him that it was listed in the brochure when I ordered. Haven't received it yet, but saw him order it while I stood there. View attachment 8181
When I e-mailed my dealer the brochure, he said I should get it... but, I think it will remain to be seen once it gets here.

The bed step is not listed in the “build” section under the BUG package.

19RebelZ

Reaction score
What grinds my gears about the BUG is that if have the Rambox you get this, is you have big horn/Laramie/rebel/longhorn/limited you get this. Why is it that ram thinks since I don’t have the Rambox I couldn’t find uses with the extender/divider. Heck with the short beds these days all the trucks should come standard with an extender. I mean I got rails and slide tie points, so I guess it’s useful? Not really, spend a couple of hundred bucks extra for what should been included. Don’t even want to talk about the deplorable bed step. <end rant>

NoRamForUconnect

Reaction score
I have an extra set that I purchased by accident if anyone is interested? They really make a difference, now the BUG actually has some value, as the bed divider is a very well executed now that pins can function as a bed extender as well. How can I get the step? That would be great to find, as climbing into the back without it is not fun...
You still have these, how much

BiLlYDeE

Reaction score
The bed divider and bed extender on ramboxes trucks are one and the same. The only issue is that many folks have not been getting the mounting brackets on their delivered trucks to utilize the extender function. I asked my dealer and he through them in gratis.

I picked up mine today and there were no mounting brackets included. The dealership was baffled, and ordered them for me at their expense.

ablock

Reaction score
I picked up mine today and there were no mounting brackets included. The dealership was baffled, and ordered them for me at their expense.
My salesman said he had had others request them and his parts department says the mounting brackets are no longer available. These are the part numbers I have:
  1. 2 x 68054996AA
  2. 2 x 68054997AB
MoparPartsGiant.com affirms that those are discontinued part numbers. Do you know if those are the same part numbers for the brackets the dealer is ordering for you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/