5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Divider

Doberman11

Reaction score
Hello all, I am in the process of purchasing a 2020 Big Horn with no Ram Boxes. The truck has the bed utility group but no bed divider. My question is my friend purchased a Limited with Ram Boxes and it came with the Bed Divider and he does not use it. Are the Dividers the same with or without the Ram Boxes. Thanks.

Cravenfan

Reaction score
I think that because he has Ramboxes and essentially his bed is, a solid "rectangle" and yours will have the cutouts with the wheel wells (I assume). Thus, his divider, which is like mine, will be not as wide as your bed? Now that I think of it, a divider may not even work with your bed, if you have the cutouts for your wheel wells?

Have him measure it...but if it's like I'm thinking...it won't work for you...

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This post will explain what is used for non ram box bed dividers. You would have to adapt your non ram box bed to make the ram box divider work.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I can say with absolute certainty that his rambox bed divider will NOT work for your non-rambox bed. You need the bed divider which works with the rails you get with the bed utility group. If you don't have the bed utility group you'll need to install the rails in order to use that bed divider.

Jako

Reaction score
I can say with absolute certainty that his rambox bed divider will NOT work for your non-rambox bed. You need the bed divider which works with the rails you get with the bed utility group. If you don't have the bed utility group you'll need to install the rails in order to use that bed divider.
The divider rails go above the bed utility group rails. Doesn't the non ram box divider create issues with some tonneau covers also?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
The divider rails go above the bed utility group rails. Doesn't the non ram box divider create issues with some tonneau covers also?
You're saying you need an additional set of rails besides those which come with the BUG? That's not indicated on ramtrucks.com...

I have the rambox, so I can only go by what I've read. My daughter has the BUG on her 2019 Rebel, but didn't get the divider. The mystery deepens (for me at least).

Jako

Reaction score
You're saying you need an additional set of rails besides those which come with the BUG? That's not indicated on ramtrucks.com...

I have the rambox, so I can only go by what I've read. My daughter has the BUG on her 2019 Rebel, but didn't get the divider. The mystery deepens (for me at least).
The rails come with the non ram box divider. I do not have the divider, but my understanding is the bed divider rails mount above the BUG rails. The height of the bed divider rails "I believe" may interfere with some tonneau covers depending on how the tonneau cover attaches.
As per Amazon

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Well that's a load of crap. I'm a huge fan of the rambox bed divider, but I wouldn't want to have to buy a second set of rails in order to use the divider on the regular bed. Thanks for clarifying.

Jako

Reaction score
Well that's a load of crap. I'm a huge fan of the rambox bed divider, but I wouldn't want to have to buy a second set of rails in order to use the divider on the regular bed. Thanks for clarifying.
You need the BUG or the utility rails in order to install the bed divider. The bed divider comes with the rails that attach to the BUG or utility rails. The bed divider looks good and sounds like a nice idea but has limitations.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello all, I am in the process of purchasing a 2020 Big Horn with no Ram Boxes. The truck has the bed utility group but no bed divider. My question is my friend purchased a Limited with Ram Boxes and it came with the Bed Divider and he does not use it. Are the Dividers the same with or without the Ram Boxes. Thanks.
The Rambox divider will not fit a non Rambox bed. I have a non Rambox Limited and it requires the BUG rails and a second set of rails that come with the divider kit. The divider rails mount above the BUG rails. It’s a ridiculous design but the divider is great. I love how it functions and it’s easily removable to allow full access to the bed. Why FCA didn’t just design the divider to utilize the BUG rails is beyond me buts it is a nice option. I also had the Mopar hard trifold tonneau cover and there was no issue with fit. I got rid of the Mopar hard trifold because it leaked like crazy. I put my Mopar soft cover back on and it works fine with the divider but you have to finagle the rear clamps to get them open. It’s a bit of a pain but you get used to it.

hydrant328

Reaction score
I think that because he has Ramboxes and essentially his bed is, a solid "rectangle" and yours will have the cutouts with the wheel wells (I assume). Thus, his divider, which is like mine, will be not as wide as your bed? Now that I think of it, a divider may not even work with your bed, if you have the cutouts for your wheel wells?

Have him measure it...but if it's like I'm thinking...it won't work for you...
Did you sell the wheel locks yet?

RSConsulting

Reaction score
The Rambox divider will not fit a non Rambox bed. I have a non Rambox Limited and it requires the BUG rails and a second set of rails that come with the divider kit. The divider rails mount above the BUG rails. It’s a ridiculous design but the divider is great. I love how it functions and it’s easily removable to allow full access to the bed. Why FCA didn’t just design the divider to utilize the BUG rails is beyond me buts it is a nice option. I also had the Mopar hard trifold tonneau cover and there was no issue with fit. I got rid of the Mopar hard trifold because it leaked like crazy. I put my Mopar soft cover back on and it works fine with the divider but you have to finagle the rear clamps to get them open. It’s a bit of a pain but you get used to it.

Actually - RAM didn't "design" these. They are OEM'd by "Roll-N-Lock" - a rolling cover manufacturer. No - RamBox divider (that slides down into the "grooves" in the bedwalls) will not work.

Try using them with the Multi-Function-Tailgate.

I had to cut the bed divider rails down, so they would clear the corner brackets on the front of the bed. Despite all the hassles of things that just won't work with the MFT (and waiting a year for the center mounted bed step to ship) - my 5'5" short fat butt finds the barn door tailgate to be one of the main selling points that got me into the RAM.

Also - "most covers" should fit with the bed divider. The ones with a clamp up front - and clamp in the rear (I'm running the Gator Hybrid - again, because it's the only one that fit the MFT at the time) will clear the rails for the divider. Ones that have their own rails that clamp to the bed lip are going to be a little more fun to get installed - might even require removing the bed rails with the divider rails installed - to get the cover rails on.

Yeah - the design is ridiculous - and was done with ZERO CONSIDERATION to anything else you might want to do in the bed. Almost makes me wish I got the MFT AND RamBoxes - even though I don't really care for them, don't need them and don't really like how they look - the difference in the bed with the boxes solves a lot of other "accessory issues" created by the MFT.

Should have just gotten a Suburban and been done with it (I KEED - I KEED) - love my Ram, but some of the things they did in the design just makes me scratch my head in wonderment.

Rick

Reactions: MJP

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online