5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Divider will it fit with a bed Rug also which bed cover will work

AtlasRam1500

Reaction score
Looking at getting a Bed Rug will the Cargo bed divider still work. Also looking at the following covers

TruXedo Pro X15

TruXedo Sentry CT

I heard some cover are not work with the using bed divider

DeanKing

Reaction score
Looking at getting a Bed Rug will the Cargo bed divider still work. Also looking at the following covers

TruXedo Pro X15

TruXedo Sentry CT

I heard some cover are not work with the using bed divider
Which cargo bed divider: Ram boxes or no ram boxes. Which bed rug: with sides or without.

DeanKing

Reaction score
bedrug side and bottom
I can partially answer your question. The bed divider clears the bottom bed rug fine. You didnt post your truck options in your signature. I am going to assume a few things for the next part of the answer. First is that you are talking about the Mopar bed divider. Second that you realize the Mopar bed divider needs the factory bed rails to attach to. So I cannot tell you how the sides of a bed rug interact with the factory bed rails. That is one of the reasons I did not get the sides. But assuming you figured out how to cut the bed rug sides to get the rails through it.... I would believe that the sides of the bed rug would not interfere with the divider. The divider rails mount to the bed rails so that is pretty away from the bed sides. The bed divider is no where close to a tight fit to the bed. It is a third part product adapted with some specialized rails to this truck. Where I think you will run into problems is the specialized divider rails are big and can interfere in the clamps of a cover. I did a post on my experiences with that issue. My Bakflip cover clamps were small and barely fit even after some minor metalwork mods. One final bit of advice. As a “custom order” item from a dealership the bed divider is non returnable. Small print. So you really should have this figured out about the top clamps before buying it. One additional recommendation from personal experience. Do not get the type of Bedrug with the tailgate piece attached if you are going to have a cover. It is huge pain in the *** that doesn’t fit right. Already damaged the sheet metal of my truck trying to get the tailgate to close. Good luck. I hope that helped.

AtlasRam1500

Reaction score
I can partially answer your question. The bed divider clears the bottom bed rug fine. You didnt post your truck options in your signature. I am going to assume a few things for the next part of the answer. First is that you are talking about the Mopar bed divider. Second that you realize the Mopar bed divider needs the factory bed rails to attach to. So I cannot tell you how the sides of a bed rug interact with the factory bed rails. That is one of the reasons I did not get the sides. But assuming you figured out how to cut the bed rug sides to get the rails through it.... I would believe that the sides of the bed rug would not interfere with the divider. The divider rails mount to the bed rails so that is pretty away from the bed sides. The bed divider is no where close to a tight fit to the bed. It is a third part product adapted with some specialized rails to this truck. Where I think you will run into problems is the specialized divider rails are big and can interfere in the clamps of a cover. I did a post on my experiences with that issue. My Bakflip cover clamps were small and barely fit even after some minor metalwork mods. One final bit of advice. As a “custom order” item from a dealership the bed divider is non returnable. Small print. So you really should have this figured out about the top clamps before buying it. One additional recommendation from personal experience. Do not get the type of Bedrug with the tailgate piece attached if you are going to have a cover. It is huge pain in the *** that doesn’t fit right. Already damaged the sheet metal of my truck trying to get the tailgate to close. Good luck. I hope that helped.
Big Thanks DeanKing for the information

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Big Thanks DeanKing for the information
I have the Mopar bed divider and factory tri fold tonneau. It works together but it takes a bit of fiddling to get the cover clamps open and closed as the divider rails get in the way. It's a stupid design but I like the divider. It would be perfect if the divider utilized the existing cargo rails that come with the BUG. The divider requires it's own set of rails that attach to the BUG rails. Dumb set up but the tonneau does fit with the divider.

DeanKing

Reaction score
I have the Mopar bed divider and factory tri fold tonneau. It works together but it takes a bit of fiddling to get the cover clamps open and closed as the divider rails get in the way. It's a stupid design but I like the divider. It would be perfect if the divider utilized the existing cargo rails that come with the BUG. The divider requires it's own set of rails that attach to the BUG rails. Dumb set up but the tonneau does fit with the divider.
Completely agree. Those extra rails are also unnecessarily large for what they are actually doing. It was if someone intentionally tried to design it to take up more space and look beefy. It makes moving the tie down handles on the factory rails harder than it needs to be. The cover and the divider are no where close to each other. The issue is all between the clamps and the rails.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Completely agree. Those extra rails are also unnecessarily large for what they are actually doing. It was if someone intentionally tried to design it to take up more space and look beefy. It makes moving the tie down handles on the factory rails harder than it needs to be. The cover and the divider are no where close to each other. The issue is all between the clamps and the rails.
Exactly. Crappy engineering at its finest. I do really love the divider though. My dealer bought it for me because it wasnt included in the BUG. Can't argue with free.

Users who are viewing this thread