5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Divider that works with RetraxOne MX?

detroitm2

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a bed divider solution that will work with a retrax MX cover? It looks like the OEM mopar one wont work. I do have the utility rails. First person experience greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Olbez

Reaction score
I know this isn't exactly what you asked but I was in a similar situation after installing Retrax PRO XR (so a different cover from yours). I was looking for a bed divider and ended up buying AMP Research BedXTender HD Sport. It stays under the cover and when folded in, is a good divider for me. So just an option for you.

RookieB555

Reaction score
I have the Retrax motorized cover and it works fine with the Mopar bed divider / tailgate extender. I have the Rambox though.

detroitm2

Reaction score
I have the Retrax motorized cover and it works fine with the Mopar bed divider / tailgate extender. I have the Rambox though.
Do you have pictures? The bed divider connects to the "bed utility group" rail in the bed. I believe it extends far enough out that the retrax canister will not fit.

detroitm2

Reaction score
I ended up ordering one from a company called Truxistm out of Canada. Seems to be a well built product and I'm excited to try it out (supposed to be delivered today).

Olbez

Reaction score
I ended up ordering one from a company called Truxistm out of Canada. Seems to be a well built product and I'm excited to try it out (supposed to be delivered today).

That looks pretty cool. Let us know what you think of it. I might order one as well.

Htsderek

Reaction score
I have a similar cover on my non-rambox bed and used the OEM bed divider, I cut the rails sort to clear the box at the front of the bed then notched the brackets for the bed divider to clear the bed cover's clamps.

detroitm2

Reaction score
I have a similar cover on my non-rambox bed and used the OEM bed divider, I cut the rails sort to clear the box at the front of the bed then notched the brackets for the bed divider to clear the bed cover's clamps.
Yeah, thought about doing that as well. Its annoying that they didnt just use the rails for the bed utility group instead of having to attach a separate piece to them. Seems like an afterthought that could have made the OEM divider much more usable.

detroitm2

Reaction score
That looks pretty cool. Let us know what you think of it. I might order one as well.
Came in today. Looks pretty solid! Welds look nice and appears like it can take a beating. Installation seems dead simple and it folds for easy storage if you need to take it out completely for whatever reason. The only downside I see is the design would make it unusable between the rear wheels. I dont think thats a huge issue for my use case, but it could be for some.

Htsderek

Reaction score
The only downside I see is the design would make it unusable between the rear wheels. I dont think thats a huge issue for my use case, but it could be for some.

The OEM design fits between the wheel wells so when used behind, or in front, of them there are large holes between it and the bedsides. It's pretty easy to work around by putting larger items on the outside ends and smaller items in the middle but it is worth noting.

The 2018 I had had ram boxes and since there were no wheels wells in the bed area the bed divider worked out awesome. My 2021 has a regular bed and I miss how the divider fit, as well as missing the ram boxes themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread