5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Divider no longer included with RamBox Cargo System?

angerme

Reaction score
I purchased a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited with the RamBox Cargo System a couple weeks ago. I was under the impression the bed divider was included with the RamBox Cargo System option based on the current Ram 1500 website RamBox feature video that clearly shows the bed divider as part of the "system" (check it out if you don't believe me). The dealership wasn't sure, but didn't have the divider on hand at the time of purchase, and now aren't exactly offering to provide one either. I've contacted Ram corporate, but not sure that's going anywhere either. Anybody have any insight? I saw some threads about the "divider/extender" being discontinued due to blocking the tail lights or something, but seems like if the divider is highlighted as part of the Rambox Cargo System explanatory video on their current website, it should be included (granted it is not explicitly listed in the other materials). Notably, it came with the rails/adjustable tie downs and bed LED lights even though those are also not explicitly mentioned as part of the RamBox Cargo System either. The window sticker did not list the "Bed Utility Group" as an optional feature, but the only thing missing from that option would be the divider (has the rail/tiedowns/lights).

Other than that, its a killer truck! Any advice welcomed! Thanks in advance.

ericd

Reaction score
There's been a lot of back and forth about this issue. I think the end result was that the divider is included with the BUG when you have the RamBox and that is what the website says now. So if you didn't get the BUG then it looks like you shouldn't have gotten the divider. As far as your question about blocking the taillights. The "extender hooks" were discontinued for that reason, not the divider itself. The hooks were the part that allowed you to but the divider out onto the tailgate when it was down. It was also believed it was because of things flying out as well

Capture.PNG

angerme

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Sounds like at least for the Limited with RamBox, all the BUG adds is the divider. Mine came with the rails/tie hooks and LED lights without the BUG...just no divider. The RamBox video highlighting the dividers is confusing at best, misleading at worse.

ericd

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Sounds like at least for the Limited with RamBox, all the BUG adds is the divider. Mine came with the rails/tie hooks and LED lights without the BUG...just no divider. The RamBox video highlighting the dividers is confusing at best, misleading at worse.

yea i think all the other stuff just happens to be included on a Limited

DougH

Reaction score
yea i think all the other stuff just happens to be included on a Limited
On my order the BUG now includes the Deployable Bed Step. Of course the package went up $140 with this addition.

Saskydude

Reaction score
When i built a 2019 Rebel in Canada, the BUG only included the LED lights and tie down hooks for $200.

67Woody

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2019 Rebel with the Rambox option and the BUG. It did come with the divider/extender but when I went to use the extender on the bed with the tailgate down there were no round pins or T-handle on the bed side to attach the extender to the bed sides of the truck. Called the dealer for answers, they were going to pull them of existing trucks on the lot and get replacements. They found that the other trucks on the lot were missing them also.

67Woody

Reaction score
Dealer has a call in to find out an answer....will inform the post when I get an answer. Hopefully there is a solution.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Dealer has a call in to find out an answer....will inform the post when I get an answer. Hopefully there is a solution.
There are literally hundreds of posts about this in previous threads. It’s a well-known issue. You can find the part numbers to order in those old threads as well.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just purchased a 2019 Rebel with the Rambox option and the BUG. It did come with the divider/extender but when I went to use the extender on the bed with the tailgate down there were no round pins or T-handle on the bed side to attach the extender to the bed sides of the truck. Called the dealer for answers, they were going to pull them of existing trucks on the lot and get replacements. They found that the other trucks on the lot were missing them also.

Yup, as stated (and I found out afterwards myself - my rig was special built July 5th and delivered July 26th). Federal Laws changed and FCA decided the 2019 would not get the pins/handles (although the video you watch on the showroom floor clearly shows a 2019 with the extender being used) .. @SpeedyV gave me that bad news.
I ordered the parts myself and am waiting for them to arrive.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yup, as stated (and I found out afterwards myself - my rig was special built July 5th and delivered July 26th). Federal Laws changed and FCA decided the 2019 would not get the pins/handles (although the video you watch on the showroom floor clearly shows a 2019 with the extender being used) .. @SpeedyV gave me that bad news.
I ordered the parts myself and am waiting for them to arrive.
Just to be a little easier on @67Woody ...here’s a recent post where I dug up the part numbers from an old thread for another member:

67Woody

Reaction score
Called my dealer this morning, gave them the part numbers, they commented they were keeping these in stock in 2018 because trucks were showing up without them installed. They are ordering some today and will be shipping me a set at no cost once they arrive. Hopefully corporate offices don't cause any issues. Thanks for the P/N help.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wasn't able to get the "knobs" (the rotating pieces) because they are in indefinite back order, so I'll have to order those online. They did order the rounds parts for me.

My parts counter told me they had the parts in -- when I looked, I saw all 4 parts. I was like .. but .. you .. told .. me .. awwww .. nevermind! I'll take 'em !! (dealer paid for them for me).

Here is what the divider shows :

Prior to ordering the parts, confirmed the nut plates are still added at the factory :
Installed on my JULY 2019 build :

You can see the loose cable on the left -- see my posts elsewhere regarding what I did.

Last edited:

67Woody

Reaction score
I was lucky also, got mine shipped to me from the dealer last Friday at no cost. Installed and extender now works as expected.

Attachments

• IMG_2965.jpg
    IMG_2965.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 47

Users who are viewing this thread