5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed difference

Okie22

Reaction score
How different are the 6'4" classic and new body style beds? Looking to get a bedliner and found a couple of good deals on marketplace but they're typically listed for "classic." I'm curious if the differences, if any, are negligible or if they're substantial enough the liner would not fit properly

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This is a photo of 2 bed mats on the short bed. I believe Carid :poop:(n) sent me the classic version for my 2019 new model. They did not respond (along with Westin) to my emails and I ended up buying the Smartliner(y):). It fits but not the way it should.
1674003253478.jpeg

Okie22

Reaction score
This is a photo of 2 bed mats on the short bed. I believe Carid :poop:(n) sent me the classic version for my 2019 new model. They did not respond (along with Westin) to my emails and I ended up buying the Smartliner(y):). It fits but not the way it should.
View attachment 149146
Interesting there's that much difference. Are there any other differences on the inside of the bed?

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Interesting there's that much difference. Are there any other differences on the inside of the bed?
I have not had the 2 together in some time and I do not have access to the classic (?) mat at the this time. I have another photo though along with photos of the Smartliner.

Attachments

• Ram bed mat Smart vs Westin.JPG
    Ram bed mat Smart vs Westin.JPG
    178 KB · Views: 16
  • Ram bed mat Smartliner 3.JPG
    Ram bed mat Smartliner 3.JPG
    205.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Ram bed mat Smartliner 4.JPG
    Ram bed mat Smartliner 4.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Ram Bed mat Snartliner 1.JPG
    Ram Bed mat Snartliner 1.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 17

79 300

Reaction score
The 5th generation bed is 3" taller than the 4th generation. A drop in liner for a 4th gen. would be too short top to bottom.

Users who are viewing this thread