5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed crossbars with rambox (and a tonneau)?

purz

Reaction score
Are there any bed rails for crossbars, preferably the lower slightly out of the bed kind that work for ramboxes now? Came across some old threads that talked about prototype pace edwards covers and what not that have rail tracks (doesn't seem to exist still based on their website). Trying to find if something exists and if I should cancel my Sentry CT order in case I have to switch tonneaus to make the whole thing work. Interested in if anyone has come up with a good solution or if a new product has come out within the last year or so. Was kind of happy I ended up with ramboxes to test and see if I liked them but I'm getting frustrated by the lack of after market support (although I don't blame them, less customers and more things to screw up).

Last edited:

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are there any bed rails, preferably the lower slightly out of the bed kind that work for ramboxes now? Came across some old threads that talked about prototype pace edwards covers and what not that have rail tracks (doesn't seem to exist still based on their website). Trying to find if something exists and if I should cancel my Sentry CT order in case I have to switch tonneaus to make the whole thing work. Interested in if anyone has come up with a good solution or if a new product has come out within the last year or so. Was kind of happy I ended up with ramboxes to test and see if I liked them but I'm getting frustrated by the lack of after market support (although I don't blame them, less customers and more things to screw up).
There are two bed rails that come from the factory, the silver and the black ones. Black ones are used on trucks that with tonneau covers from the factory and silver ones come on trucks that didn't come with tonneau covers from the factory. In my experience most if not all aftermarket tonneau covers require the silver rails to mount the fail or frame of the aftermarket tonneau Cover.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

purz

Reaction score
Sorry meant rails for bed crossbars. Edited my post.

Users who are viewing this thread