5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed covers.

Steelchamps

Reaction score
I need one. I had the tri fold in my '12 and liked it. Have about 1k but still need either spray in or rhino lined. Who has one that they love?

RJS

Reaction score
I need one. I had the tri fold in my '12 and liked it. Have about 1k but still need either spray in or rhino lined. Who has one that they love?
Tonnopro hard fold cover will set you back under $500 delivered and leave you enough for the bed liner. Vinyl covered aluminum hard cover that was leak free except around the tailgate and minor at that.
IMG_20190820_164009.jpg

I did replace it with an Undercover Armorflex that I got a screaming deal on so the Tonnopro is available for durn cheap, https://5thgenrams.com/community/th...hard-folding-tonneau-19-up-sb-ram-1500.15896/

IMG_20191110_112806.jpg

RJS

Reaction score
Wow! Nice find!!
Just to be sure we're on the same page, I bought the Tonnopro new for $485 delivered. The Armor flex was $540 delivered from Amazon Warehouse as it had been returned with some damage. The Tonnopro is for sale for $250

Abesosa

Reaction score
Just to be sure we're on the same page, I bought the Tonnopro new for $485 delivered. The Armor flex was $540 delivered from Amazon Warehouse as it had been returned with some damage. The Tonnopro is for sale for $250

I keep trying to find an amazon return myself... is there a certain section in amazon you look or just when it shows up “used”

2019 Ram 1500 Limited Granite Crystal 4x4 with Off-Road Group and air ride
20% Cermanic Tint
USA Flag Decal on rear 5th Window
Xpel Door Edge and door handle Protection
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RJS

Reaction score
I keep trying to find an amazon return myself... is there a certain section in amazon you look or just when it shows up “used”

2019 Ram 1500 Limited Granite Crystal 4x4 with Off-Road Group and air ride
20% Cermanic Tint
USA Flag Decal on rear 5th Window
Xpel Door Edge and door handle Protection
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Amazon Warehouse, it's in the pull down list where you search for items at the top of the page. If you click on "all" on the left side of the search box a list of all departments will drop down and Amazon Warehouse is fourth on the list.

bigoldthor

Reaction score
I had the Bakflip VP on my past three trucks, but they discontinued it. Ordered its replacement model, the Bakflip G2, at my local store and it came in today. Can't wait to put it on.

I'm a big fan of their covers and love their low profile and ability to flip all the way up against the back of the cab if needed (for more bed access). I got mine for $850 plus tax, delivered to my local shop. And unlike the older VP model, you can close the tailgate on these without having to lift up the back tri-fold section.

Here is a link from the Bak website if you want more information.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I really like my Trux-edo Lo-pro roll up cover. I don't like tri-fold covers because they can get in the way when you open them up all the way, or they block the rear window. My roll up cover rolls up and sits on top of the front wall of the bed. I can utilize the full bed, and the cover doesn't block the rear window when it's in the fully open position.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I really like my Trux-edo Lo-pro roll up cover. I don't like tri-fold covers because they can get in the way when you open them up all the way, or they block the rear window. My roll up cover rolls up and sits on top of the front wall of the bed. I can utilize the full bed, and the cover doesn't block the rear window when it's in the fully open position.
Was the Truxedo easy to install and does it leak at all?

bigoldthor

Reaction score
Fully agree with the disadvantages of hard tri-fold covers. However, a couple of downsides to soft roll-up covers is that they are less secure (can be cut into easily) and can be a little fussy for one person to roll up neatly. But they do provide almost unrestricted access to the bed, don't block your view, and are economical. If security isn't a big deal, then these are a good choice.

That said, there are hard roll-up covers, too. They are bulkier and of course pricier than soft ones, but they have essentially the same advantages you mentioned while providing better security. They do roll up "larger" though, so they obscure more (though not all) of the rear window and provide a smidgen less bed access.

Here is one example of a hard roll-up cover. They are in roughly the same price range as hard tri-fold covers.

(P.S. I am not an employee of or a shill for Bakflip...I just like their tri folds and they happen to have a couple of roll-up versions, too. :) )

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
I've really liked my Lomax tri-fold. Not the best picture, but you can see how flush it fits. Super easy install too. It arrived at my door for $675 (pretty sure?) from Luke at Truck Alterations. Lots of good options out there ... Sure you will find one that meets your needs!
Ram_3-23-19_2.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread