5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Cover with the Mopar Black Bed utility Rails and the Cargo Manager Bed Divider

George Bednar

Reaction score
I have just completed the installation of the Mopar black utility bed rails and cargo manager system that mounts to the rails with the slide in t- blocks. I am now looking for a bed cover that will fit and not interfere with it. Has anyone here found a cover that fits this arrangement on a 5'-7" bed?

George Bednar

Reaction score
I have just completed the installation of the Mopar black utility bed rails and cargo manager system that mounts to the rails with the slide in t- blocks. I am now looking for a bed cover that will fit and not interfere with it. Has anyone here found a cover that fits this arrangement on a 5'-7" bed?
I spoke with the folks at Bakflip and they assured me the MX4 bed cover would work for this situation. Should arrive Monday. If anyone is interested I can let you know how it worked out once it has been installed.

Knightro

Reaction score
I spoke with the folks at Bakflip and they assured me the MX4 bed cover would work for this situation. Should arrive Monday. If anyone is interested I can let you know how it worked out once it has been installed.
Yes, please do. I also have the black utility rails with a 5'7" bed and am looking for a cover now. Please post pics if you don' t mind. Thank you!

George Bednar

Reaction score
I ordered the MX4 yesterday morning and when I got home for lunch today it was sitting next to my garage door. I am going to be gone this week end and plan to install it on Monday or Tuesday. I will post pics once I am done. Any particular pic you are looking for?

Knightro

Reaction score
I ordered the MX4 yesterday morning and when I got home for lunch today it was sitting next to my garage door. I am going to be gone this week end and plan to install it on Monday or Tuesday. I will post pics once I am done. Any particular pic you are looking for?
Thanks George. I’m mainly wanting to see how the matte black looks. I know they also have a gloss version with the G2. It’s hard to tell from their website.

George Bednar

Reaction score
I agree 100%. Super easy install as well. One note is to use a clip style clamp to hold the middle of the rail in place while the screw clamps are being installed. Installed all by myself in 45 minutes. I am sure 15 of those minutes were running back in the garage to get a tool or part.

George Bednar

Reaction score
I agree 100%. Super easy install as well. One note is to use a clip style clamp to hold the middle of the rail in place while the screw clamps are being installed. Installed all by myself in 45 minutes. I am sure 15 of those minutes were running back in the garage to get a to
Thanks! It looks great. I love the matte look and will be ordering the same for mine. Thank you for sharing!
Have you installed the cover? Post a pic or two if you care too.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Good to see they make a cover that works on this combination. When I installed my gator FX I had to modify the black rails just slightly, to lower them enough that there would be no interference

Jschultz2023

Reaction score
Has anyone used a retrax one cover with the rails and divider ? unfortunately already have the cover, haven't ready anything anywhere of anyone that has tried it.

Thanks

John Galt

Reaction score
On my truck the utility rails are too low to be in the way. I just installed a Lomax cover with no problems.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree 100%. Super easy install as well. One note is to use a clip style clamp to hold the middle of the rail in place while the screw clamps are being installed. Installed all by myself in 45 minutes. I am sure 15 of those minutes were running back in the garage to get a tool or part.
Can you provide a photo of the cargo management system you installed with the black rails?

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I will try and remember to take a few pics tonight when I get home from work. What kind of detail are you looking for?
I appreciate it. I just wanted to see how it looks - I've been looking for a good solution for a bit and haven't found one that I like yet.

Is this the one where you mount the rails below the black cargo rails that come with the BUG? If so, install looked to be a pain - having to mount a rail below a rail instead of using theblack rails that come with it. Are you happy with the function of it?

George Bednar

Reaction score
I appreciate it. I just wanted to see how it looks - I've been looking for a good solution for a bit and haven't found one that I like yet.

Is this the one where you mount the rails below the black cargo rails that come with the BUG? If so, install looked to be a pain - having to mount a rail below a rail instead of using theblack rails that come with it. Are you happy with the function of it?
YEs it mounts to the black rails. I didn't have the black rails so I ordered them and installed them myself along with the cargo management system. Then confirmed the MX4 bed cover would work with out interference. I really like it. It is nice to have it adjustable every 4 or what ever inches (I can't remember the exact dimension).

George Bednar

Reaction score
Here is a pic of each side of the Cargo Management System. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Cargo MS 1.jpg
    Cargo MS 1.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 34
  • Cargo MS 2.jpg
    Cargo MS 2.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 33

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the pic. I really like this option. Where did you purchase the cargo manager from?

Users who are viewing this thread