5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Cover with Ramboxes

LGB24

Reaction score
I ordered a 2023 Rebel with Ramboxes. Any recommendations for bed covers? I’m thinking a retractable one might be best, but I’d like to hear from people who have different kinds.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered a 2023 Rebel with Ramboxes. Any recommendations for bed covers? I’m thinking a retractable one might be best, but I’d like to hear from people who have different kinds.
Is hard to beat the TruXedo Truxport for the price. I've had it on two F150s, my previous '19 Ram without Ramboxes and it arrives tomorrow for my new to me '19 with Ramboxes...

TonyCA

Reaction score
I installed the Bak Revolver x4s and am pretty happy with it. Functionally it works great, but sometimes the alignment gets a little wonky and you have to adjust it (maybe every couple weeks, but as simple as shifting it by hand). I also wish they finished off the end of the rails, but a fairly minor complaint.
7b3c0247a55a910fcde39cb266e2f0f2.jpg
631790d9dc6018aad837b987ee857d1a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I looked hard at the rolling covers but just couldn't get over how much bed space I'd lose with the can they roll into. I went with an aluminum Bakflip and have loved it for 3+ years now. Keeps the honest honest, virtually weather proof, and can pop off quickly and then fits in the back of the cab on the floor when I need the whole bed.

LGB24

Reaction score
I looked hard at the rolling covers but just couldn't get over how much bed space I'd lose with the can they roll into. I went with an aluminum Bakflip and have loved it for 3+ years now. Keeps the honest honest, virtually weather proof, and can pop off quickly and then fits in the back of the cab on the floor when I need the whole bed.
Awesome - thanks!

JDHarris

Reaction score
I had the factory tri-fold soft tonneau for a year. I swapped that out for a DiamondBack cover. The DiamondBack hinges open on both sides and is sturdy enough that I can mount racks and accessories on top or strap cargo down directly on top of the cover.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Don't get a Retrax or Gatotrax retractable cover.
They leak like crazy, at least on my 2022 with Ramboxes.
Can't go wrong wtih a hard trifold.
I have used Bak MX4 before and it was great.

The Mopar soft cover was water tight, if you can use a soft cover with what you do\where you live go for that. Also comes off in seconds if you need full bed access.

Users who are viewing this thread