5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Cover Question

Reaction score
Just bought a used 2021 Limited w/ ram boxes, the bed utility group and the multifunction tailgate.

After buying a bed cover (truck didn’t have one on when I bought it) I learned the hard way that the black rails don’t work with basically any covers lol.

Trying to find the OEM one that comes on these trucks new. Any chance anyone knows the part #? Think I’ve found it but none of the descriptions on the sites are super detailed

Or if there happens to be any aftermarket that are available now besides the diamondback!

Appreciate any help in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rammin03

Reaction score
Reminded me to put mine back on, great opportunity for a picture of the sticker on it. 20230316_211951.jpg

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just bought a used 2021 Limited w/ ram boxes, the bed utility group and the multifunction tailgate.

After buying a bed cover (truck didn’t have one on when I bought it) I learned the hard way that the black rails don’t work with basically any covers lol.

Trying to find the OEM one that comes on these trucks new. Any chance anyone knows the part #? Think I’ve found it but none of the descriptions on the sites are super detailed

Or if there happens to be any aftermarket that are available now besides the diamondback!

The black rails do come OEM on a truck with Ramboxes (unfortunately)
No aftermarket rails that I know of.

This is what you need (left and right)
68027049AD
68027048AD

Use your existing screws for the new "silver" rails.

Can get them from the dealership, should be able to get them for around $350.

If you wanted to keep the black rails you can only get the Mopar soft cover, which works fine, but is a soft trifold.

Reaction score
The black rails do come OEM on a truck with Ramboxes (unfortunately)
No aftermarket rails that I know of.

This is what you need (left and right)
68027049AD
68027048AD

Use your existing screws for the new "silver" rails.

Can get them from the dealership, should be able to get them for around $350.

If you wanted to keep the black rails you can only get the Mopar soft cover, which works fine, but is a soft trifold.

Appreciate it. Will probably get these, cheaper to buy these and an aftermarket cover then buying the OEM one lol

Reaction score
Ebay has two in Houston that show $990 OBO and free shipping. Not sure where you are. NEW OEM Mopar 5.7' Bed Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover 68295433AE Ram 1500 Crew Cab 19-22 | eBay

Appreciate it. Ended up just ordering the silver rails. Was cheaper to buy both the rails and an aftermarket cover then the OEM cover by itself lol.

Also ideally wanted a roll up cover, always found those more practical when I wanted to use the whole bed.

Extra step with the rails but worked out. Appreciate the help!

RBJ

Reaction score

https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/dtrailkit.html 2021 Ram 1500 DT Genuine Mopar Tonneau Cover Rail Kit
68027048AD - Right Side Rail
68027049AD - Left Side Rail

rammin03

Reaction score
I really like the look of the black rails but now I am thinking about the hard folding cover again. Maybe purchase the rails and get a local shop to powder coat them black.

Reaction score
I really like the look of the black rails but now I am thinking about the hard folding cover again. Maybe purchase the rails and get a local shop to powder coat them black.

Funny was thinking the same thing, the black rails look really good. Feels a little pointless considering I won’t see them 99.9% of the time under the bed cover buuuuut I still want them black lol

Users who are viewing this thread