5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed cover Mopar or Lomax??

SupremeWill

Reaction score
I know this has been beaten to death. And I'm sure a few guys are going to redirect me to other threads...BUT
I have narrowed my decision down the two choices and I need advice from people who have actually used these items. I'm going between the Mopar 3-piece hard cover or the Lomax. I can get the Mopar for $725 plus tax or the Lomax for $675 delivered.
Please don't tell me about a different cover you have that you think is better. I'm only wanting advice on these two.

Thanks in advance to all who can help

Jackham

Reaction score
I know this has been beaten to death. And I'm sure a few guys are going to redirect me to other threads...BUT
I have narrowed my decision down the two choices and I need advice from people who have actually used these items. I'm going between the Mopar 3-piece hard cover or the Lomax. I can get the Mopar for $725 plus tax or the Lomax for $675 delivered.
Please don't tell me about a different cover you have that you think is better. I'm only wanting advice on these two.

When I get my truck I am going with the Lomax. Spent a lot of time on you tube etc. and it just looks overall the best for my purposes.

geotex1

Reaction score
Here's one for you. After I met another forum member this morning at a dealership, I was flagged down on my way out or the lot. Fellas asked about my Lomax so I showed them. Turns out father and son and were dropping Dad's new 5th Gen to try to have the Mopar cover (Truck Hero, i.e. Bakflip) adjusted a third time because of leakage. I had Backflips, including on my 2014 Sport, and I'm glad I went Lomax. You get real people right away at Agri-Cover too!

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Lomax looks can't be beaten imo, great quality and very minimal leaks so far (mostly due to the design of the tailgate)

U

User_7672

Can I ask where is the Lomax selling for $675 delivered? Thanks

Livinfast85

Reaction score

Were did you find the Lomax for that price? It is $883 on their website. Thanks in advance!

SupremeWill

Reaction score
Call them and speak with Luke he will help you out. They can only quote so low online, but call and he will give you a better price. $675 was what he quoted me last week

U

User_7672

Call them and speak with Luke he will help you out. They can only quote so low online, but call and he will give you a better price. $675 was what he quoted me last week
What did he quote you for shipping? Don’t believe they do free shipping as per their site. Probably why the $675

SupremeWill

Reaction score
What did he quote you for shipping? Don’t believe they do free shipping as per their site. Probably why the $675

Please re-read my original post. His price was quoted as $675 shipped, if you don't believe the price call and talk to him and argue with him and ask him how he's able to sell it so cheap.
Sounds like you just need to call him and buy one

U

User_7672

Please re-read my original post. His price was quoted as $675 shipped, if you don't believe the price call and talk to him and argue with him and ask him how he's able to sell it so cheap.
Sounds like you just need to call him and buy one
Sorry, yes, I missed the delivered part. Awesome deal. Thanks for sharing!

Jmaloneydo

Reaction score
It's a no brainer for me either. I was bak and forth myself (did you get the pun there) about which to go with. Settled on the Lomax after all the help on this thread and called Luke at truck alterations and that is the price I also paid, $675 out the door. It delivered 4 days later and it took me only 40 min to install. I have taken it thru a car wash with the powerful blasters and only a few drops of water by the tailgate got in. All these rains in California and the back is totally dry. Love the look too. Go for it, you won't be disappointed.

Attachments

• 20190119_130435.jpg
    20190119_130435.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 77

DeDax

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, I always thought BAK was the leader of the group, but I've been heavily leaning towards the lomax from reviews on the forum. Anyone have any specific reasons why they chose lomax over the competition?

geotex1

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, I always thought BAK was the leader of the group, but I've been heavily leaning towards the lomax from reviews on the forum. Anyone have any specific reasons why they chose lomax over the competition?

Spend some time reading threads on Lomax after searching. You'll find many. I've had both, and highlights are better sealing, better looking, light but strong, exceptional customer service.

Users who are viewing this thread