5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Clearance under Tonneau

petersandler

Reaction score
Hey, it looks we have the same config on our trucks (as far as beds go, anyway).

I have a Limited with 5' 7" bed, RamBoxes, and Multi-Function Tailgate.

I tried to order a Revolver X4s and the nice lady at Bak told me it won't work because I have the MFT.

Did you have any issues installing yours?

I'm thinking that Bak just needs to update their database or something to reflect that their cover won't work with an MFT if you do NOT have RamBoxes, but my expectation is that if you DO have RamBoxes the Revolver will work just fine whether you have an MFT or not.

Can you confirm?

(I know about the bed rail issue. My truck came with black rails and I have ordered silver ones that are supposedly on their way)

Forgot to answer the part about installation. No issues at all. The cover has side rails that slide into the channel on top of the silver cargo rails. I made sure the rails and the cover were mounted as far forward as possible to make sure there was no issue with the MFT (and there wasn't).
Really happy overall with it. Nice flush look. The benefits of a hard cover and you can remove it completely if needed in under 5 minutes (which I have done to move some sofas). Doesn't block the window or rear cameras when rolled up like the tri-folds do.

psbmore

Reaction score
I talked to a different person at Bak today. He knew what was up. Said their website was wrong and it will work with RamBoxes and MFT. Ordered. Silver rails ordered. Can't wait to ditch the POS factory trifold.

Can you share where you ordered the silver rails from? I ordered the Bak Revolver x4s this week, and separately ordered the silver rails from Genuine Mopar Tonneau Cover Rail Kit - DTRAILKIT | All Mopar Parts. However, when I check my order from All Mopar Parts it shows as "on backorder". Trying to see if there is anywhere else with a decent price that may have them in stock. I'm also curious how your experience has been with water after swapping the silver rails in and adding the new tonneau cover? Did you do any weather stripping behind/around the new rails?

Last edited:

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can you share where you ordered the silver rails from? I ordered the Bak Revolver x4s this week, and separately ordered the silver rails from Genuine Mopar Tonneau Cover Rail Kit - DTRAILKIT | All Mopar Parts. However, when I check my order from All Mopar Parts it shows as "on backorder". Trying to see if there is anywhere else with a decent price that may have them in stock.

I ended up getting them on eBay. I had to buy 2 separate items - the right and left sides were sold separately. But, I got them both at the same time, from eBay seller moparfactorypartsonline. They were $359.66, total.

And I am SO much happier with the X4s than the factory tri-fold POS.... :D

psbmore

Reaction score
I ended up getting them on eBay. I had to buy 2 separate items - the right and left sides were sold separately. But, I got them both at the same time, from eBay seller moparfactorypartsonline. They were $359.66, total.

And I am SO much happier with the X4s than the factory tri-fold POS.... :D

I did my install today of a Revolver x4s on a ‘22 limited with rambox and MFT. I also had the factory soft tri-fold, so had to replace those black rails with the silver rails (dealer happened to have one set in stock when I went in for some service).

My install was somewhat difficult as the right rail (passenger side) was incredibly tight. It got half one on, then just stopped. I ended up having to use a rubber mallet and pound it on. It’s definitely not going anywhere, but I have serious doubts I’ll be able to get it off without fully removing both rails. Did anyone else with this set up have this issue?

Second question - the cover rails that “slid” onto the bed rails - mine stick out to overlap the tailgate as expected, but they have seriously sharp edges and the two sides have different profiles. I have small kids and when we’re using the truck or playing in the driveway, they often are in the bed, and I’m. It too excited about how easy it could be to slice a hand or finger on them. Is this normal?

I’ll be asking Bak support too, as I need to contact them anyway since the corner on one side was broken on arrival.

8d40cfb3b2cd734e9c555828b2fb5c3f.jpg

298890d723eea009b527907801201497.jpg

dd20d1942ea6476e41c8af398eb09748.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The sharp edges at the ends of the rails appear to be normal. My X4s has them and the X4 I had previously had them.

Users who are viewing this thread