5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Carpet?

YardSale

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used a carpet liner for their truck bed? Considering getting one for my 1500......whenever it gets here.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They velcro in, clean easy and are easy on the knees. Items stay put and don't get scratched up.

I removed it out of my F150 after 2 years and the bed looked new.

XDBrad

Reaction score
I’ve had one in my trucks for the last 5 years or so, really like them. I ordered the Bed Tread this time to give it a try as I found it on sale and a rebate to boot. The rugs are nice but can be a pain to clean if you haul wood or spill mulch or something like it in it. IMO, they are worth it.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've never owned one but plan on getting one as soon as bedbug has something available. Primarily for keeping things in place and making it a little easier on the knees. I chatted with bedrug last month and I think they said aug/sept timeline

XDBrad

Reaction score
Weeellll.... I’m hoping the place I got mine from had a clue about the fit. I ordered a Bed Tread last week and it arrived yesterday, they assured me it would fit a 2019 but it will be my luck that they were wrong. Hope not! It’ll be Monday before I get home to check it, I will let you guys know how it goes.

XDBrad

Reaction score
So verified my luck (or lack there of) the Bed Tread that I was assured would fit a 2019 in fact will not. It’s very close but minor changes on the tailgate and rear Bed stake area are the major differences. Seller is paying shipping back and will send the new one in a couple weeks when the 2019 version is received. I will say this, I’ve always had Bedrugs but I really like the Bedtread better. Not as durable as a spray in but looks similar and should stand up to normal use pretty well.

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
So verified my luck (or lack there of) the Bed Tread that I was assured would fit a 2019 in fact will not. It’s very close but minor changes on the tailgate and rear Bed stake area are the major differences. Seller is paying shipping back and will send the new one in a couple weeks when the 2019 version is received. I will say this, I’ve always had Bedrugs but I really like the Bedtread better. Not as durable as a spray in but looks similar and should stand up to normal use pretty well.
I loved my bedrug and will probably put one in this truck.

What is pulling you over to bed tread?

XDBrad

Reaction score
The Tread is a mix between the rug and a spray in. Seems to be a bit easier to clean than the rug but yet has cushion like the rug. By no means is it as durable but good enough for me when I have a tri fold bed cover on all the time.

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
I'm going to check it out now.

Vaccum and thick brushed push broom were my bedrug's sword and shield. Pressure washer for heavy duty stuff

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a BedRug on my last truck and really liked that things didn’t slide and it was easy on the knees climbing in and out. Following some threads and research, I don’t believe they offer one for the 19 yet.

I did however find that Access sells one that is suppose to fit the 19. Link here https://www.accesscover.com/truckbedmat/

The differences though will remain to be seen when I receive it today. The BedRug has contours that fit into the grooves. As far as I can tell, the Access does not so it may not be so forgiving on the knees? What made me pull the trigger on the Access though is how it gets secured into the truck. The BedRug uses 2 long strips of Velcro and I never really liked that. The Access however uses snaps that get placed into the corners.

I’ll post later today when it is in.

YardSale

Reaction score
I had a BedRug on my last truck and really liked that things didn’t slide and it was easy on the knees climbing in and out. Following some threads and research, I don’t believe they offer one for the 19 yet.

I did however find that Access sells one that is suppose to fit the 19. Link here https://www.accesscover.com/truckbedmat/

The differences though will remain to be seen when I receive it today. The BedRug has contours that fit into the grooves. As far as I can tell, the Access does not so it may not be so forgiving on the knees? What made me pull the trigger on the Access though is how it gets secured into the truck. The BedRug uses 2 long strips of Velcro and I never really liked that. The Access however uses snaps that get placed into the corners.

I’ll post later today when it is in.

Just checked their website.....they list their classic bed liner for the 2019 as in stock. Even the Rambox version shows it's in stock and ready for shipping!

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just checked their website.....they list their classic bed liner for the 2019 as in stock. Even the Rambox version shows it's in stock and ready for shipping!

I think the confusion is that the 19’ Ram Classic is still the old body style

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My bed mat arrived and it appears to fit. It is the Access "19-ON RAM 57 BOX (NON-RAM BOX)" Version, Part #25040239

This is everything you get in the package. Note that it comes rolled up so you'll want to leave it out in the sun to flatten down. Being I live in Pa where it seems to rain every day anymore, I just put it in the bed of my truck (under cover) to soak up some heat, maybe I'll get to install it later today if it gets sunny.

all.jpg

Speaking of install, here is a photo of the instructions and fastening systems it comes with. You can opt for screwing the button backs to the bed or use plastic button heads that adhere to the bed's surface. I'll be doing the latter, I am too afraid to drill a hole in me new truck. LOL

instructions.jpg

Here is a pic of it laying in my bed, not installed, just laying. According to the instructions there should be a 1/4" gap at the front of the bed and a 1/2" gap at the rear of the bed. With flattening it, it appears to be cut just right.

bed.jpg

Here is a pic of it around the wheel wells, the other very important measurement.

wheelwell.jpg

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I am a fan of the BedRug brand as they are contoured to fit into the ridges of the bed. Being they do not have one out yet, this was my quick but truly only solution rather than waiting for BedRug to catch up. I gave it the "walk around on my knees" test and it did not bother me at all. I could however feel it sinking into the contours a little, to be expected. I never plan to sleep back there so I don't think that aspect will ever bother me.

Material wise, it seems identical to me as the BedRug brand, including the thickness of it, a good 1/2" thick. I do like their fastening solution better than BedRug however, I'll take 7 snaps over 2 bed length strips of velcro any day as long as those plastic snaps adhere well to the surface. They should with proper prep. I only remove the rug once a year anyways when I go to get mulch so I am thinking they should hold up as the will not be getting constant use.

Users who are viewing this thread